*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

My unit arrived yesterday and i'm really impressed with it. It's a big old beast, but feels great in your hands. Like a few people i've spent mor time tinkering than actually playing games!

Just placed a reservation for a 512Gb model. Was debating the 256Gb version before realising realising that I spent more than the difference on a day out for me and the family at a fun park.

Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be one of the top games played on the Steamdeck! Still beggars belief a bit as my 1070 PC can't run it properly although I haven't tried since initial release.

Last edited:
Shadow of Mordor is seriously impressive on the deck. Runs at 60fps at medium settings, looks great and plays well. I've dialled the refresh rate to 40 to save some battery and it still plays great.

I paid for mine on Friday, do you get updates when its been dispatched or does it just arrive when it arrives?

Plenty of updates from handoff to the courier to when it'll turn up with your local Evri driver, paid for mine last Monday for it to turn up last Friday so it won't be ages.

I now see why hooking it up to a monitor and using a mouse/keyboard comes so highly recommended, spent a little while in desktop mode over the weekend and it's a challenge with the onscreen keyboard to say the least

Paid on Thursday, says packaged so I'm expecting it soon.

Any recommendations for a dock? I've seen so many different suggestions, just something with HDMI/charging and a couple of USB should be enough for me.

Last edited:
How does that actually run on the deck? Might add it to the list if it runs well enough as I have it on steam just never got round to playing it on the PC

Based on my experience with the Epic Games version via Heroic it runs at 30FPS with the Steam Deck recommended settings albeit with the volumetric options notched down a bit. It does go higher than 30 but its better to lock it at 30 to prevent annoying frametime spikes.

Genuinely a surprise tbh as I was expected it to really struggle.

Plenty of updates from handoff to the courier to when it'll turn up with your local Evri driver, paid for mine last Monday for it to turn up last Friday so it won't be ages.

I now see why hooking it up to a monitor and using a mouse/keyboard comes so highly recommended, spent a little while in desktop mode over the weekend and it's a challenge with the onscreen keyboard to say the least

ok thanks ill keep checking the emails

im going to grab myself a little foldaway keyboard

Finally got my console after 6 weeks of waiting for it to be sent from the UK.....so where do I start? Emudock, Heroic !?!?!

Also any extra accessories I should get? I have purchased the 512gb model.

When I get mine ill be looking to get GOG/Epic on there ASAP, heroic I think?

My current accessory want/have list is a screen protector, track pad stickers, dock, SD card

Anyone looking to upgrade the SSD, it's worth searching for model numbers not just '2230 ssd' or similar, just picked up a 256GB for under £20 this way.

I noticed the left thumbstick on the deck is a slightly 'grindy' when pushed all the way forward and rotated. Most noticeable when moving forward and turning in games.

Looking at the stem of the stick there seems to be some black marks on the front side of it which aren't present on the right stick. I'm wondering if the rim of the socket has had some left over flashing that's been wearing away. Seems to be improving though as i use it. No issue with the right stick but then that doesn't get jammed forward all the time.

Might be worth putting a tiny bit of silicone lubricant on the stick stem.

I noticed the left thumbstick on the deck is a slightly 'grindy' when pushed all the way forward and rotated. Most noticeable when moving forward and turning in games.

Looking at the stem of the stick there seems to be some black marks on the front side of it which aren't present on the right stick. I'm wondering if the rim of the socket has had some left over flashing that's been wearing away. Seems to be improving though as i use it. No issue with the right stick but then that doesn't get jammed forward all the time.

Might be worth putting a tiny bit of silicone lubricant on the stick stem.
I have this EXACT issue. Valve will RMA if you want.

Back
Top Bottom