*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Curse you, now I'm hooked on Civ 6 again!! I never even thought about running it, but it runs great.
Also running through Dead Space, for some reason I never bothered with it when I picked it up all those years ago. It looks fantastic. Just love how convenient the deck is.
Only really had issues with a few games, cannot get Witcher (1st) running at all. Got it on gog and trying through Heroic but no luck
Excellent, have to share the addiction... The connivence is unbelievable, had over an hour of civ on the train today and the form factor of the deck just works! It's really hard to explain beyond just sitting down with it in your hands to play anything when you get a chance

Picking up a 64gb one tomorrow from FB market place local to me for £300 brand new.

Valve may not honour the warranty for some second hand decks, partly because so many are being stolen in transit.

Make sure you keep the full details of the seller just in case Valve asks for them if you have to do an RMA. They may want to check it's not stolen.

Origin games
Epic store games
Uplay store games
Game pass
I'm pretty sure it's only Game Pass in there that requires windows. The others you can get working in SteamOS.

I got mine last week. I installed Windows, got the drivers on with no bother. Downloaded Halo Infinite from Game Pass, and it failed to start. Not bothered with anything else on the Windows side for now, but SteamOS is fantastic.
I've been Playing No Man's Sky this weekend - Enhanced Graphic settings, 45 refresh, and it's mostly locked. Fantastic experience. EmuDeck is stellar too. The only thing it won't run so far is MGS4 due to performance (15 fps), but everything else I've tried has been magic. Metroid Prime trilogy running on the Dolphin branch Primehacks is ridiculous. It makes a Wii game play like a twin stick shooter pretty much perfectly.

I picked up the Jsaux 6-in-1 a few days ago, works ok but seem to be stuck to 30hz @ 1080p, not had chance to lok into it yet though.

Ordered late Friday, just got my tracking number. Do they ship from abroad, or will it come next day?
From Holland, mine was dispatched on the Wednesday and came the following Monday.

There were loads of tracking numbers provided, including Parcelforce etc - It was actually delivered by Hermes (Evri as they are now called)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom