*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Done that bit got a bit of a problem cant seem to get it to boot, i have a type c usb pen but can't format it to GPT using rufus and now have a none booting deck :( oh well i'll persevere, i can here the beep and thats all it does, if I plug it into power it does come up with a warning saying cant find boot disk

Steam Dock turned up today. After work going to try plugging it into the TV downstairs, pairing an Xbox controller and seeing if remote play works nicely or not.
Just to follow up on this.... its disappointing to say the least. Pairing an xbox series x controller to the Deck via Bluetooth results in input lag, and streaming performance via the Deck from my gaming PC isn't great. Annoyingly, its a far better experience using my Apple TV 4K - barely any noticeable input lag with the same controller.

Just to follow up on this.... its disappointing to say the least. Pairing an xbox series x controller to the Deck via Bluetooth results in input lag, and streaming performance via the Deck from my gaming PC isn't great. Annoyingly, its a far better experience using my Apple TV 4K - barely any noticeable input lag with the same controller.

Mine turned up today, had a firmware update, doesn't display on my tv. Need to go and try it on a different one, but a quick search looks like there is issues with LG screens. Mine is the LG48CX, tried different cables/inputs, nothing!

EDIT: Ah well, looks like it's going back. Used the cheapy Sabrent dock I bought a few month ago and works fine with the Steam Deck. Tried the Dock on a Panasonic TV and it's a screen full of artifacts/lines/flickering all over the screen, looking like a pc with a borked gfx card! Something else to RMA, great :(

Last edited:
Just pulled mine apart to put my 1tb ssd in, downloading the image now for anyone thats done the upgrade did you remove the shield film from original ssd?

Yes, you should put it on the new one. Mine wouldnt slide onto the new one so I unstuck it instead.

Just had my support ticket replied to about the clicky thumbstick, got to be sent back :(

The 512gb Micro SD I bought from Amazon during the recent sale has been stuck at the distribution centre for a week now. Was due for delivery tomorrow so going to push for a replacement then. With any luck I'll end up with two for the price of one... eventually :D.

She's mine! Crikey didn't realise how big it is!

IMG20221018154219.jpg

Initial thoughts, feels fantastic in the hand very comfortable and light. Screen is lovely considering the resolution. Can't believe I have all this power in my hands. It's gooooooooood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom