*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Anyone got any tips for Vampire Survivors? Such an addictive game but I am only managing to get just past 15 minutes each run, that's on the 1st level with multiple different characters/builds. loving every run though just would like to get to the 30-minute mark! :D
King Bible, King Bible, King Bible :D

Evolve weapons , don't read spoilers (even about evolutions). Use gold for unlocks, you can refund if you make a wrong choice. Eventually every run will be a 31 minute win, so the best advice I can give is to enjoy the phase of the game where you work up to that, as its the most fun.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got any tips for Vampire Survivors? Such an addictive game but I am only managing to get just past 15 minutes each run, that's on the 1st level with multiple different characters/builds. loving every run though just would like to get to the 30-minute mark! :D
I found the 2nd level was easier to get through, so kind of farmed that for a bit till I got the hang of what things went with what and got the upgrades then went back to the first.

Associate
excellent thanks
Mine took a week to turn up. Top tip - if you’ve got a lock screen pin set then disable it before attaching the deck to the dock for the first time. Basically the first thing it wants to do is update the firmware of the dock and I had nothing but problems which were down to the lock screen pin. It may be they’ve fixed it since of course.

Permabanned
Just ordered the JSAUX one myself along with a JSAUX 3 meter long HDMI cable. Half the price of the official dock and it has all the same ports, well no DisplayPort but that's not a problem.

£39.99 at the moment on the forest.

Last edited:
Soldato
King Bible, King Bible, King Bible :D

Evolve weapons , don't read spoilers (even about evolutions). Use gold for unlocks, you can refund if you make a wrong choice. Eventually every run will be a 31 minute win, so the best advice I can give is to enjoy the phase of the game where you work up to that, as its the most fun.
This worked! Finally finished a run last night. Had 3 evolved weapons (now I know what all that means on the pause menu :D) felt pretty invincible from around the 20-minute mark.

Associate
Finally got games pass and some emulators all setup, they work great! Only issue I have is closing down edge when running games pass full screen. The steam and B button doesn't seem to work, even though i am in steamOS and running edge as a none steam game. Shouldn't the shortcut key work in steamOS?

Associate
I've picked up a few games in the last few days, installing 80GB Doom Eternal overnight and my 256gb/256gb setup is beginning to look low on space!

Horizon Zero Dawn on this thing is great, have to drop the settings a bit and don't expect 60fps though. I find the SD FSR looks far better than the game FSR option (weird) but I'm still impressed. Eats the battery like no other game though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom