*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
512GB Evo Select pretty good at 38 quid (was 36 when I picked it up a while ago). Got my 512GB nvme from china (ebay) through and had a play with setting up dual boot which seems to be working fine. Converted sdcard to btrfs and it can be used on both OS which is neat but my windows 10 still needs a fair bit of tweaking.

Permabanned
Dock arrived and running lovely , set up in the bedroom.
DSC-0022.jpg

DSC-0021.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question, can i just copy over the contents of my 200gb sd card to a new 512gb sd card, and the deck will recognise the games on it, or will i have to re-download the games again?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Anyone managed to get origin working on the deck?

Fancy a run through of mass effect legendary edition, not gonna fork out £50 for it when it's free on origin.

Associate
I've been playing little nightmares, great game, really recommend it, game is £3.99 and DLC is about the same price.

Crysis remastered trilogy seems to run really well and is £25 right now, seems like a decent deal.

Associate
My Jsaux dock has arrived :D

Works straight out the box, and now my desk setup is complete.

Now i can really tinker in desktop mode and get some emulators setup!

Permabanned

Works straight out the box, and now my desk setup is complete.

Now i can really tinker in desktop mode and get some emulators setup!
Great little dock isn't it? The build quality is great, wast expecting it to be metal. Also the ports are really well made and sturdy with stuff plugged in.

Associate
Great little dock isn't it? The build quality is great, wast expecting it to be metal. Also the ports are really well made and sturdy with stuff plugged in.
Yeah, it's really well made, feels sturdy, rubber pads exactly where they need to be and give off a premium feel.

Looks great under my monitor too, kinda wish I didn't go for a blue skin now, as it looks a little out of place now haha

Soldato
Anyone managed to get origin working on the deck?

Fancy a run through of mass effect legendary edition, not gonna fork out £50 for it when it's free on origin.
On Steam OS Origin worked through proton GE and I had ME LE working. You may however get forced onto EA App instead and last time I tried it needed protontricks to install some dx dll and a font in order to see the ea login screen. On Windows launching the game installed EA App with no required input from myself.

Edit: Just tried and the EA App is installing fine now using proton experimental (or proton GE) so should be able to add the installer as a non steam game and go from there.

Last edited:
Associate
On Steam OS Origin worked through proton GE and I had ME LE working. You may however get forced onto EA App instead and last time I tried it needed protontricks to install some dx dll and a font in order to see the ea login screen. On Windows launching the game installed EA App with no required input from myself.

Edit: Just tried and the EA App is installing fine now using proton experimental (or proton GE) so should be able to add the installer as a non steam game and go from there.

i wouldnt mind having the EA App on mine so do i just download the installed and add it as a non steam game? or do i have to install it in desktop mode and then select the .exe as a non steam game?

what about Epic? same process?

Back
Top Bottom