*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Doesnt matter, the 64gig is non existent on the store. :(

Of course if I had a choice I would be buying the 64 gig. I think realistically barring a miracle thats not happening, no way I am managing to buy one on a sub 60 second restock.
Depends what you want to pay I guess. The 256GB model is available (new)

Soldato
Depends what you want to pay I guess. The 256GB model is available (new)
I would say £400 is my limit, I decided two days ago to pull trigger on the recertified 256gig which was under that, but then I was too late. Thats why I am frustrated as the option was there.

I think if I was prepared to buy the 512 gig at that point I would just buy the Asus model.

So any of the following three, all out of stock for the foreseeable future.

64 gig new
64 gig refurbished
256 gig refurbished

Last edited:
Soldato
Steam decks are being scalped? I've got a 64gb model but with some marks on the case that I want to sell as it's collecting dust.
Yeah its like the PS5 now, its a scalp fest sadly. You could likely easily sell it for what you paid for it judging by whats on ebay, depending how much much you want to maximise your sale price or do someone a favour.

Last edited:
Associate
Steam Deck arrived yesterday morning refurbished 64gb Model. Ordered last Tuesday. At face value I couldn't tell the difference between it being brand new or refurbished apart from the bit label inside the box saying Refurbished.
After letting it update, downloaded a game (Space Marine) and putting the family to bed I managed to get on it at 11:30pm last night. Then after about 15mins of figuring out why the game wouldn't run properly (common redistributables missing) I got it running. I was suitably impressed.

My wife called it the doodah so I spent most of last night playing with said doodah :D
Where did you get yours from? I'm Looking for a reliable place to get a 64GB as it seems it's constantly unavailable new!

Don't really want to spend the extra for the other models when I just plan on putting in a 1tb card anyway

Associate
Where did you get yours from? I'm Looking for a reliable place to get a 64GB as it seems it's constantly unavailable new!

Don't really want to spend the extra for the other models when I just plan on putting in a 1tb card anyway
I see this is just what everyone has been discussing over the past few posts :cry:

Soldato
I see this is just what everyone has been discussing over the past few posts :cry:
Is a fair question.

Looks like was some temporary stock in summer sale, some refurb stock which is now gone except the expensive model, I expect the refurbs are gone for a while, and the new's will be harder to get than when FE cards were, the 64 gig when in stock new is out of stick in under 60 seconds, its being scalped now.

But unlike the GPU situation it looks like the UK stock is far worse than other regions.

Associate

I got it direct from Valve they had them up for one evening on the steam store last Tuesday I think.

I was very lucky as between adding to the basket and trying to order it went out of stock. 10mins of refreshing the basket and it eventually popped again and I managed order it.

Soldato
I would say £400 is my limit, I decided two days ago to pull trigger on the recertified 256gig which was under that, but then I was too late. Thats why I am frustrated as the option was there.

I think if I was prepared to buy the 512 gig at that point I would just buy the Asus model.

So any of the following three, all out of stock for the foreseeable future.

64 gig new
64 gig refurbished
256 gig refurbished

I would look for a 64GB model 2nd hand around £300, then get a 2TB drive in there for another £100

Mine I paid £350 for the 256gb model from these forums with a 512gb SD card, rubber case and hard shell case (all boxed and great condition)

Soldato
I would look for a 64GB model 2nd hand around £300, then get a 2TB drive in there for another £100

Mine I paid £350 for the 256gb model from these forums with a 512gb SD card, rubber case and hard shell case (all boxed and great condition)
I need to look harder I guess, I only found a 2230 1TB for £110. Looked again, 2230 drives seem more expensive than 2280 drives.

Last edited:
Soldato
UK retailers are ~£100/TB but the Chinese retailers are £100/2TB typically (buyer beware, no warranty etc)
I paid £102.95 delivered for 'Western Digital WD SN740 2TB M.2 SSD 2230 NVMe PCIe Gen 4x4 SSD for Microsoft Surface ProX Surface Laptop 3 Steam Deck'
2000+ sold, 4.8 stars, 92 reviews

No issues at all in the past 2 months

5clzZv8h.jpg

Zi7XH2Vh.jpg

Also, i've returned something to the 'red chinese store with white smile' and the returns process wasnt too bad. I received a fake G400 mouse, proved it was fake/not working and received a full refund

Don
I paid £102.95 delivered for 'Western Digital WD SN740 2TB M.2 SSD 2230 NVMe PCIe Gen 4x4 SSD for Microsoft Surface ProX Surface Laptop 3 Steam Deck'
2000+ sold, 4.8 stars, 92 reviews

No issues at all in the past 2 months

Also, i've returned something to the 'red chinese store with white smile' and the returns process wasnt too bad. I received a fake G400 mouse, proved it was fake/not working and received a full refund

I've bought from the same retailer previously too, but there have been concerns about whether the WD branded disks are actually WD SSD or fake copies. People have had issues with warranty returns in the past too, it's heavily dependent on the actually "store" advertising on the website rather than the website owners themselves though.

Overclockers don't sell 2230 SSD so we're not technically breaking any rules, we should probably change the topic though :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've bought from the same retailer previously too, but there have been concerns about whether the WD branded disks are actually WD SSD or fake copies. People have had issues with warranty returns in the past too, it's heavily dependent on the actually "store" advertising on the website rather than the website owners themselves though.

Overclockers don't sell 2230 SSD so we're not technically breaking any rules, we should probably change the topic though :)
Mine must be a good fake :)

ux8jW2Jh.jpg

Associate
Just paid £75 for 1TB Corsair MP600 at a rainforest website. So prices are getting better.
I just installed one of these into my Deck yesterday and Dual Booted. Been wanting to upgrade for a while, but was waiting for the price to drop. 1tb along with a 512GB Samsung SD Card should be plenty storage now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just installed one of these into my Deck yesterday and Dual Booted. Been wanting to upgrade for a while, but was waiting for the price to drop. 1tb along with a 512GB Samsung SD Card should be plenty storage now.
I thought the same but you can always do with more storage. I like having things like flight sim 2020 installed and at the ready "I fancy 30 mins on flight sim" At the same time it does chew up something like 200GB

Back
Top Bottom