*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Man of Honour
Mine has now ‘shipped’ - ordered at 6:30pm on launch day.

It’s in that stage of being ‘shipped’, but not actually gone anywhere.

Soldato
Basically my findings are that I play games on it that I usually wouldn’t play on PC

E.g tower defence games
Hot wheels unleashed
etc. the sorta stuff I don’t sit down at pc for if that makes sense. And I’ve had no games that genuinely run bad. Some dips here and there in some cases but nothing really enough to bother me. I guess you gotta try it and see how it is from your pov.

Big fan of Hot Wheels on the deck! Looking at picking up Tony hawks now it can be played offline. Dammit steam sales!

Soldato
Anyone played F1 23 and/or Dave the Diver on the deck? Both in the steam sale and say they are playable, tempted to pick them up for when the OLED arrives.

So is Endless Dungeon, oh god this sale looks dangerous for my wallet :cry:

Soldato
Anyone played F1 23 and/or Dave the Diver on the deck? Both in the steam sale and say they are playable, tempted to pick them up for when the OLED arrives.

So is Endless Dungeon, oh god this sale looks dangerous for my wallet :cry:
Can't find it now, but saw a reddit post of someone playing Dave the diver on a submarine to prove it's "play anywhere" credentials. Looks like the steam deck reddit rate it, so worth a go. As for F1, I've only see linus tech tips using it for the benchmarking tool. It seems to run!

Soldato
Can't find it now, but saw a reddit post of someone playing Dave the diver on a submarine to prove it's "play anywhere" credentials. Looks like the steam deck reddit rate it, so worth a go. As for F1, I've only see linus tech tips using it for the benchmarking tool. It seems to run!

Was secretly hoping for someone to say at least one of them doesn't run haha

Associate
I’m currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on it, runs great at medium preset at 40 fps, with in game FSR on.

Aiming with the right thumbstick is a bit difficult though, had to crank the aim sensitivity right down in steam deck settings, and reduced the ridiculously large default deck deadzone (essential for all deck games), but still not as easy to aim as on an xbox controller.

Soldato
I doubt we're getting them this week now, but still hopeful of getting it in November :)
it may move quick once it "reaches" uk.. parcel farce usually delivers on the day their tracking picks it up when it comes to internatinonal packages. I often get stuff from japan and that takes 10-12 weeks, I only get any real info on day of delivery from parcel force. And 10 weeks of silence.

Soldato
the steam deck is a premium product but were getting a really sub par delivery service from valve

mine left netherlands on the 20th no update in almost 40 hours
Mine appears to still be sat in a warehouse 'Packaged items' so you're ahead of me. I ordered at 18:23 on the release day.

Associate
amazon delivers much quicker from other euro ports so why can't GLS

why did valve choose this delivery service that would be my first question

i'm not confident about royal mail/parcel force i've had a RM parcel due to be delivered yesterday never turned up its out again today at the same time but it wouldn't shock me if it didn't turn up again either

I have a delivery with DPD today and i'm 100% confident i will get it at the time they said

DPD are my goto delivery service if i have a choice

Caporegime
Amazon's logistic side probably has got more investments in the calendar last year than GLS has in their company history.

Buying things that are shipped outside the UK, especially since the B word has taken longer than before, more paperwork, and more bureaucracy.

When I got my original SD, it took 7 days from shipping to delivery.

Last edited:
Associate
just looked at the after ship app and it says NL to UK usually takes 9 days :eek:

i don't think it will take that long but what on earth takes it days to travel 420 miles

and to compare danny is 30 mins away with my DPD delivery

Back
Top Bottom