*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
I'd say the distribution centre in NL just isn't up to the task of getting these out. Grossly under resourced for the numbers shipping.
think it's more to do with their rubbish tracking... they simply do not ping again until parcel force in uk has.

so no ping for arriving at theirs, no ping for leaving theirs etc..

Soldato
think it's more to do with their rubbish tracking... they simply do not ping again until parcel force in uk has.

So GLS doesn't update to say it's been handed to them? It just jumps to when Parcel Force have it?

This is where I've been for over 24hrs now.

HrqOriT_d.webp

Caporegime
So GLS doesn't update to say it's been handed to them? It just jumps to when Parcel Force have it?

HrqOriT_d.webp

When I ordered mine last year, it literally go from "tracking number" to "your parcel will be delivered tomorrow".

There is no tracking regarding where it is in regards to customs or landing in the UK I recall. The highlighted email, 2nd from bottom, was received at 8:24pm and then it got delivered next morning.

PXYWQNF.png

Soldato

HrqOriT_d.webp

that's right.. you wont see any of it until parcel force has it.

dumb as it is.. it seems like "nothing" is happening but it's moving through the pipeline but you wont get a note until it's in uk/pf hands.

Soldato
that's right.. you wont see any of it until parcel force has it.

dumb as it is.. it seems like "nothing" is happening but it's moving through the pipeline but you wont get a note until it's in uk/pf hands.
Thanks Grudas and Raymond. I'll stop spitting feathers then as I thought it was literally stuck and not moving with awaiting collection from GLS.

There's a chance I'll get it for Friday then. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
Oh wow, didn't realise these don't come with hall-effect sticks, quite surprised. Won't be looking to change unless the others go wrong and considering the usage I think it will get, probably won't ever be an issue.

Oh and just to fit in:
OMG GUYS IT'S BEEN PACKAGED

What are you guys doing for the delivery driver? Was thinking maybe a fly past and lunch.

Last edited:
Soldato

Pretty much this, its shipped, then next update is from parcel force. I think my deck I ordered a couple of months back took about 3 working days to come in total, but first 2 days no updates at all, then suddenly everything moved quickly.

Associate
Nice video comparing screens on the glossy and matt OLED, little to no difference in normal lighting. Plus most back shell replacements work great, I have the Jsaux one with the fan cut out but not the LED one so it should be a straight swap :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh wow, didn't realise these don't come with hall-effect sticks, quite surprised. Won't be looking to change unless the others go wrong and considering the usage I think it will get, probably won't ever be an issue.

Oh and just to fit in:
OMG GUYS IT'S BEEN PACKAGED

What are you guys doing for the delivery driver? Was thinking maybe a fly past and lunch.
Apparently Valve don't think they have been tested enough in terms of reliability to implement them yet. Not only that, the old Halls Sensor replacements that were drop in in the 1st Gen doesn't fit into the new 1.5 gen one. No doubt they will make one that does but currently you can't replace them with Halls Sensors.

Associate
I don’t see the point of retrofitting hall effect sticks:

A) the steam deck deadzones are massive, even turned down to their minimum the deadzone advantage of hall sticks won’t be utilised at all.

B) they might be more durable, but why not just use the original sticks and when/if they start drifting then look at changing them.

Back
Top Bottom