*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
He shows you at the end of the video, looks like you can average over 30fps

I just watched it mate, I'm gonna finish Alan Wake and cyberpunk and see if OLED can push out a few more fps before giving it a go.

The game I am seriously considering is Robocop. I'm trying to avoid having loads of games I've not mastered.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah all this talk of Celeste has made me want to try it now

It's called the Nitefly effect..

He almost made me go buy a RE4 Leon jacket, but then I realised I could not pull it off like him.

Just look at his poses! That smile :cry::D

qTkrZgS.jpg

mGorKfQ.jpg

lgeLQmL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you have anything Bluetooth connecting to it? Headphones? I had a very interesting case where I was using my Bluetooth headphones with it and then turned it to sleep, put it in the case, and put my earbuds in their charging case. 10 mins later I took out the earbuds to use with my phone and they connected to my deck and I think it woke it up! As I was hearing my game sound, I swear I put it to sleep.

This was a concern to me as it was zipped up in the case so generating heat with no ventilation - not good.

I wonder if the Bluetooth controller wake also allows Bluetooth headphone wake in error, which I've never seen before. Hopefully not but can't say for sure, and can't test now as it's going back to valve.
Nope, nothing.
Just tried a factory reset and only doing setup (once with 5ghz wifi, once with 2.4ghz) and both times it still happens. Made a video and everything for support:

On upside, they're sending me out a UK charger at least!

Associate
Nope, nothing.
Just tried a factory reset and only doing setup (once with 5ghz wifi, once with 2.4ghz) and both times it still happens. Made a video and everything for support:

On upside, they're sending me out a UK charger at least!
Have you tried Beta or preview firmware?

Also, what is that case on your deck!?

Soldato
Have you tried Beta or preview firmware?

Also, what is that case on your deck!?
I've switched between them and can't seem to find a combination that works. I think I had Preview working for a bit but went to Desktop and back, and it started happening again.
As for the case (and sticker): https://dbrand.com/shop/grip/steam-deck-cases
Not cheap, but super comfy to hold!

Man of Honour
Yep. Thats me out. Reminds me of Super Meat Boy which nearly resulted in a broken joypad

Most of the very difficult bits are entirely optional and although there definitely are similarities with SMB, the overall presentation and structure of Celeste makes it feel more like a conventional ‘inviting game of progression’ rather than a cold ‘flash game skill fest’.

… but I’d be lying if I said ‘overcoming the challenge’ isn’t one of the big appeals (and that otherwise aligns with the overall ‘theme’ of the game).

Back
Top Bottom