*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Well, I hate to sound like a smug git, but my OLED seems to be perfect, apart from not connecting to 160Mhz wifi 6. It doesn’t have any of the previously mentioned issues in this thread.

Wifi issue was sorted just by turning of 160Mhz, I didn’t need to factory reset, just restarted the deck.

So I think you guys with dodgy ones should just return them and order another one, goods ones certainly exist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I hate to sound like a smug git, but my OLED seems to be perfect, apart from not connecting to 160Mhz wifi 6. It doesn’t have any of the previously mentioned issues in this thread.

So I think you guys with dodgy ones should just return them and order another one, goods ones certainly exist.
I found my og lcd struggled with my MERCUSYS mesh WiFi setup.. constant disconnects etc. Had to configure that one device to not switch between points and it was fine. I have by default configured my oled to do the same. Really need to try it without the reconfiguration and see how it behaves. Seeing as it has a new WiFi card..

Last edited:
Soldato
It cost me £50 to upgrade really.

I opened a random box I had in cs2 and that had a pair of gloves that I sold for £120.

I sold my lcd 512 for £300 and got this for £480. Happy.
On that logic, I fully expect to win £50,000 on a scratch card next week, so Valve actually owe me £49520 for a new OLED, and I don't even need to sell my LCD, I will just throw it at a random beggar near the multi storey car park.

:D:D

edit: £49520 minus £1 for the scratch card, so £49519

Last edited:
Soldato
Never understood that. Do you get those boxes just for playing the game normally?
I think it’s because I had Csgo from when it wasn’t free. That gave me “prime” version of the game that has weekly “drops” boxes, sprays etc. It’s £2 ish to open a box and you can find random skins inside. I had like 6 of them and never had any opened. And one of them funny enough had some rare fancy gloves skin.. so I sold it on as I have no use for it. Apparently there’s a whole community of item trading and selling. Some cost thousands. Weird !

Soldato
On that logic, I fully expect to win £50,000 on a scratch card next week, so Valve actually owe me £49520 for a new OLED, and I don't even need to sell my LCD, I will just throw it at a random beggar near the multi storey car park.

:D:D
It was valve wallet credit so there’s no much else I can do with it haha.

Soldato
That’s their way of saying “we got bored of today thx we’ll deliver tomorrow “

My mate had “adverse weather can’t deliver” it was nice and sunny outside lol.
They did the same to me with something else, why I walked to the depot to pick it up :D

Associate
That’s their way of saying “we got bored of today thx we’ll deliver tomorrow “

My mate had “adverse weather can’t deliver” it was nice and sunny outside lol.

Just phone and after spending 10 minutes listening to a robot running through a bunch of stuff I don't care about, I waited another 10 minutes for somebody to pick up and then told "sorry we'll deliver tomorrow", low and behold without changing any details so I think you're right lol :p. I wouldn't have cared but I had someone waiting in for it.

Soldato
:D The Dpad doesnt have much/any feedback. Its feels 'squishy' certainly not as tactile as the LCD Dpad. Im hearing reports of some being softer and some harder than the LCD deck.
My LCD deck is a recently model though - New in July 2023

Soldato
not looking good, 7 minutes left in delivery window and the van on the map hasn't moved since going in to a pretty dodgy housing estate at lunchtime

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, no tracking information is available. Please contact our Customer Service team"

probably stolen

update, delivered slightly late once tracking had failed, panic over :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think a bit of PTFE lube would fix the squeaky trigger.
It might, but that's not ideal when you buy a product worth close to £500 to then have to repair it yourself! Any product really, not just expensive ones.
If all units were tested properly then there would be no issues. Or did they think people wouldnt notice if their £479 / £569 product came with faults?

I have a feeling all reviewers were sent select products that were thoroughly tested beforehand. No mention in reviews of the range of issues - doa units, screen issues, trigger, joystick and trackpad issues to name a few

Last edited:
Associate
not looking good, 7 minutes left in delivery window and the van on the map hasn't moved since going in to a pretty dodgy housing estate at lunchtime

Should show up hopefully, mine arrived about 1hr after the delivery window and the live tracking view was in the same place for ages. Parcelforce showed up in a plain white van.

Soldato
Mine has finally arrived! I spent 20mins checking it and couldn't see any issues with it at all. The display is incredible! It's so bright compared to the Switch OLED.

Proceeded to crack it open to install a WD SN740 2TB SSD. Pretty simple process. I disconnected the ribbon cable which runs across the heatsheild and then gently lift it up and away from the heatshield. Many Youtubers seem to leave in place and man handle it. Took about 20 minutes.

eaSBqSM.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Id best be careful with the brightness then because I accidentally slid the switch on max last night and I nearly blinded myself.

Needless to say I shall be making absolutely sure mine is all fine before I crack open to install the hard drive and I won't be using the deck until the drive arrives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom