*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I thought I was going to play loads of this, but all my hours are using the steam controller and I can't get the hang of not having dual stage triggers!
If dual stage triggers is the same as full pull and soft pull, then the Steam Deck triggers support this. Sounds like you need to go into controller settings in that game and set it up. And by that I mean the controller settings under the Steam button on the deck, not in game.

Last edited:
If dual stage triggers is the same as full pull and soft pull, then the Steam Deck triggers support this. Sounds like you need to go into controller settings in that game and set it up. And by that I mean the controller settings under the Steam button on the deck, not in game.
I mean the button click at the end of the trigger pull. The steam deck doesn't have this.

Is there a Story mode in Forza 4, and if so will it be playable after the delist? I'm trying to suss what you will actually be able to play once it goes. Like is there a voiced/cut scene type story mode offline? From what I can see form the delist faq there will continue to be daily challenges etc, but to me that sounds like it will just some random races?
Not really. The first year is basically the only story in the game and thats only there to serve as the tutorial. Once you get past that you just do what you want. There is a lot to do after that where it doesnt require being online. The thing online really brought was the Forzathon which is daily/weekly challenges, of which were only there to get people to play the game constantly and really not needed.

The game is great.

Last edited:
A month after the DECK OLED I still love it. Mostly play classics (Pharaoh mostly recently and Death Rally (original 1996 Remedy version) or retroish games (non graphically demanding, e.g. roguelikes like Dead Cells) on it, but occasionally Diablo 4, Elden Ring and GTA4. I'm getting used to the trackpads.

But still consider the wifi antenna poor, they are noticably worse than my old work laptop from 2019, or my phone, or a 2018 model Ipad.
The adapter is quite good though.
Also I often come across the wifi bug, like once in 20 times or so when coming out of sleep I need a reboot to see any wifi network...

I did have some problems using the UI to format an SD card that was used before in fat/fat32 mode for a dashcam; but after messing as root user in the terminal I got it working.

Improvements for Steam Deck 2 would be better Wifi Antenna, an even bigger battery, Quickcharge protocol support (not PD) for more usability of older powerbanks and usb adapters, a better/faster APU obviously and perhaps brighter & a 1200p screen.
A bigger M.2 slot size would not be bad to have much more freedom picking better value for money SSD's. 32gb RAM wouldn't be too crazy either, RAM is dead cheap and would be well worth just a few tenners extra,

I am tempted to open it and see if I can get mod better Wifi antenna inside or relocate the existing ones to a better location.

Last edited:
A month after the DECK OLED I still love it. Mostly play classics (Pharaoh mostly recently and Death Rally (original 1996 Remedy version) or retroish games (non graphically demanding, e.g. roguelikes like Dead Cells) on it, but occasionally Diablo 4, Elden Ring and GTA4. I'm getting used to the trackpads.

But still consider the wifi antenna poor, they are noticably worse than my old work laptop from 2019, or my phone, or a 2018 model Ipad.
Also I often come across the wifi bug, like once in 20 times or so when coming out of sleep I need a reboot to see any wifi network...

I did have some problems using the UI to format an SD card that was used before in fat/fat32 mode for a dashcam; but after messing as root user in the terminal I got it working.

Improvements for Steam Deck 2 would be better Wifi Antenna, an even bigger battery, Quickcharge protocol support (not PD) for more usability of older powerbanks and usb adapters, a better/faster APU obviously and perhaps brighter & a 1200p screen.
A bigger M.2 slot size would not be bad to have much more freedom picking better value for money SSD's. 32gb RAM wouldn't be too crazy either, RAM is dead cheap and would be well worth just a few tenners extra,

I am tempted to open it and see if I can get mod better Wifi antenna inside or relocate the existing ones to a better location.
Just checking, but have you disabled wifi power saving?

Out of interest how do you find the battery? I'm contemplating picking up an OLED as a emulation machine mainly so keen to see how it lasts with some of those older games

Out of interest how do you find the battery? I'm contemplating picking up an OLED as a emulation machine mainly so keen to see how it lasts with some of those older games

Long answer: If it's really old games then the OLED deck uses very little power (about 7w) so battery will last ~5-6 hours potentially. If you're talking more recent stuff for e.g. Switch/ Yuzu or some Xenia stuff then some games will hammer the power requirement so it's more akin to AAA PC gaming power requirements and a ~2 hour playtime.

Short answer: Depends.

The OLED deck is incredible for emulation gaming though, can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:
As already said, depends on the system being emulated. Xbox 360 though, I've had 2 hour session of Skate 3 and Hydro Thunder and battery has still been at 50-60%

These run really well on Steam Deck, refresh rate/fps locked at 30fps/hz. Hydro thunder might be 60fps/hz come to think of it.

Last edited:
If you limit the tdp and don't push the screen brightness, eg. at night, I've got almost 10 hrs op gameplay on dead cells. So older emulators or old games can easily last longer of you tweak the settings. I also limit the screen to 50 hz which helps a lot.

Playing No Rest For The Wicked, read online that it crashed quite frequently but only had 1 in 6 hours so far. Has occasional drops below 30 but nothing too bad, really impressed to say it's only early access.

As for the game itself I am loving it, can't put it down :D

Back
Top Bottom