*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Thinking of getting the Oled version. Not the 1tb though.

Not gamed for approx 8 years or so as i not had a pc or console since then.

I do have a steam account from back then which i can still access.

Thing is, i was always a keyboard and mouse gamer. Tried Playstation controller some time ago on a friends and struggled aiming when shooting..lol

I used to play JC3 and GTAV. Miss those games. How are they on the deck? I like driving games too.

I am a complete noob when it comes to the SD. I have checked out youtube looking at reviews of them.

Any advice appreciated...
GTAV runs well. No idea about JC3. I'm the same, but given that I don't play much mp anymore I've given myself to the sticks / pads / gyro. It's easier than you think, but if nothing is stopping you from using a desk I'd just stick with that tbh.

Remember you can connect a controller, keyboard and mouse (and also a monitor) to your SD if you want. Obviously takes up more space but far less than a full system

I got a 75% wireless keyboard and wireless mouse just to go with my Steam Deck. With a tablet stand balanced on my chest I can lay back on my sofa and play fps games with m&kb like a good un. All fits in a 15" laptop bag when I go anywhere.

I used to play JC3 and GTAV. Miss those games. How are they on the deck? I like driving games too.

Use the ProtonDB website to check compatibility - JC3 and GTAV are both rated Gold, so can be expected to work well.

87% of Steam's top 1000 titles are playable on Deck according to ProtonDB. 3% run but aren't fully playable, 4% don't run at all (often due to anti-cheat), and the remaining 6% have no data (probably mostly software like Wallpaper Engine and 3D Mark).

I barely use my laptop these days. Unless it's a strategy game, if it runs on Deck I'd rather play on Deck. So basically my laptop is used for Total War Warhammer & Flight Simulator. I may as well just sell it at this point...

Back
Top Bottom