*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Have you tried that deck calculator? I think they're reasonably accurate based on people who were Q1 and have/haven't received emails yet.

I ordered at midnight the day it was released, and I'm Q3, but estimated 18th July, so sounds like I just missed the late Q2 queue...

Also annoying that AYN released another update today, but still say they haven't restarted shipping yet... if its true they can do 300 units a day, I'd like to think the latest we get it is towards end of May.

What package did you go for in the end too? I went for a base black, as I thought it may be quicker to produce than the more specific options.
i'm sure you've done this already and theres a reason for this

have you tried the exact same order details but then change the region mine says august 22nd but if i change it to the EU its may 9th with the exact same spec and time of order ?

i wonder if doing this befuddles the algo as i can't see valve saying EU will get it three months earlier if ordered at the same time.

dunno how accurate that thing is anyway. as far as i can see its based on very little actual information other than a few guesses on how quickly they are being produced

what version did you order ? i'm late august i didn't get the confirmation until after 9pm on the 16th because i had to re confirm my purchase and they took that as my order time not the earlier one which was before 8pm

i went for the pro odin black but with the additional storage i did wonder whether thats what might cause a delay the super odin pro was tempting but again i thought that might delay and the extras weren't that appealing

whats the news about shopify ive seen mention of different colours and people were annoyed at that but can't see anything more about when it might be available to order from that website

I went for the 256GB one, although knowing what I do now, I would have preferred the 64GB at the price point.

I think the black Odin is probably more likely to ship quicker than the ones, at least from what I've ready.

They made a Shopify website preview in preparation for May, when they go retail. Its not much, just shows how the site will look, and apparently should add estimate times at some point...

i'm sure you've done this already and theres a reason for this

have you tried the exact same order details but then change the region mine says august 22nd but if i change it to the EU its may 9th with the exact same spec and time of order ?

i wonder if doing this befuddles the algo as i can't see valve saying EU will get it three months earlier if ordered at the same time.
I would expect it to change, although not sure by how much.. Have to remember that there were different demands and having their warehouse in Netherlands probably helps a lot. I think I read people who even preordered on the 17th/18th getting into Q2.
dunno how accurate that thing is anyway. as far as i can see its based on very little actual information other than a few guesses on how quickly they are being produced

I think it's reasonable as a rough estimate, at least for the month you'll get it in. It makes sense that I'm not too far back into Q3 considering I still ordered it on the same day etc. Assume gadget went for the 512GB model based on his timing, as it was more in demand?

I went for the 256GB one, although knowing what I do now, I would have preferred the 64GB at the price point.

I think the black Odin is probably more likely to ship quicker than the ones, at least from what I've ready.

They made a Shopify website preview in preparation for May, when they go retail. Its not much, just shows how the site will look, and apparently should add estimate times at some point...

I would expect it to change, although not sure by how much.. Have to remember that there were different demands and having their warehouse in Netherlands probably helps a lot. I think I read people who even preordered on the 17th/18th getting into Q2.

I think it's reasonable as a rough estimate, at least for the month you'll get it in. It makes sense that I'm not too far back into Q3 considering I still ordered it on the same day etc. Assume gadget went for the 512GB model based on his timing, as it was more in demand?
i hope its a rough estimate but as long as my odin arrives for the summer i'll be ok waiting until august/september for the deck

with regards to the deck it should be on a first come first served basis not wherever you are in the world and the closer you are to a warehouse

i'd love to know how many have pre ordered i was certain it wasn't going to be in the millions but with some people not getting the deck until christmas and valve saying they are going to be producing in the hundreds of thousands per
month from april i wouldn't be so sure now.

i hope its a rough estimate but as long as my odin arrives for the summer i'll be ok waiting until august/september for the deck

with regards to the deck it should be on a first come first served basis not wherever you are in the world and the closer you are to a warehouse

i'd love to know how many have pre ordered i was certain it wasn't going to be in the millions but with some people not getting the deck until christmas and valve saying they are going to be producing in the hundreds of thousands per
month from april i wouldn't be so sure now.
From what I've read, orders and logistics have been split up between UK/EU/USA, so different areas have different order availability. If you read up on what time people ordered and where they live, you'd find it's quite different between the regions.

I do think orders must be in the millions, because people who were 2-3 days late are ending up in After Q3, which is crazy.

At least the Odin only has thousands of orders, although they won't have the manufacturing ability of Valve. I'm fairly certain you won't get it later than May/June though.

Very nicely packaged. I liked the Valve security seal :D

First impressions, wow, this is huge compared to my Switch! Screen is nice size, but like my Switch I hope they can make one with much smaller bezels in the future making the screen perfect size then.

I just stuck it on charge and will have a go on it soon :D

Congrats! What do you plan on playing for your first ever "On Deck" game?
Not really thought about that. Hard one. Always wanted to be able to play my Steam Resident Evil games on an handheld so I may just install and try Resident Evil first :)

I also want to try out Final Fantasy 7 on it. I recall enjoying playing that on my PSP back in 2009 and it was a lot of fun.

I actually made a category on steam a while ago called Steam Deck where I add all the games I want feel would be suitable for it, sl will install some of those.

Currently the update is nearly done, seems it was mostly charged as it just turned on after I plugged it in.

Ooh. Speakers sound as good as they say. Update done now. Will install my 256GB SDXC card and install some games. Want to give Aperture Desk Job a go also. Probably after firing up Resident Evil :D

Lucky *******. I could really use the deck right now but still no email. Q1 though, so hopefully on monday..
Maybe you get an email on Monday. Just don't expect quick delivery...

Nah mines not coming today.
Shame as you could have enjoyed over the weekend. Oh well, Monday is better than Q3 or being in Paul's position :cry:

I just did another update which looked like an BIOS update :D

Back
Top Bottom