The ***OFFICIAL*** Supreme commander thread. (video inside)

Soldato
Nucleo said:
it looks awsome and I can't wait. One thing which I want to know is the recommended specs :S ...

I mean, look at the game!, thats a lot of AI, explosions and geometry. Got a funny feeling my 6800 will explode and my p4 will burst into flames playing that!, the only thing I have got is the 2gb of Ram to store the massive maps lol

Did you steal my pc ?

I dont know if we even need SC, how could it be better than TA ?

Man of Honour
Kreeeee said:
In a lot of ways. TA was a good game but it was very far from perfect.

True if you compare it to a modern RTS. But in its day it was imho way ahead of its peers. Even today it's one of the most fun of its genre and I still occassionally play it.

I can't wait for this game. There's two must have's on my list for this year: Supreme Commander and Quake Wars.

Man of Honour
Hades said:
True if you compare it to a modern RTS. But in its day it was imho way ahead of its peers. Even today it's one of the most fun of its genre and I still occassionally play it.

I can't wait for this game. There's two must have's on my list for this year: Supreme Commander and Quake Wars.

It's out 2007. TA was released in the same year as StarCraft so it had a lot to compete against.

Soldato
Permabanned
OP
Kreeeee said:
In a lot of ways. TA was a good game but it was very far from perfect.

just as starcraft was far from perfect. i cant count how many times a group of us had to surrender when playing multi player Starcraft becasue we simply ran out of resources :rolleyes: no such trouble with TA. TA also had physics in the form of gravity and weather condtions and was the first RTS to impliment the use of polygons.

Kreeeee said:
It's out 2007. TA was released in the same year as StarCraft so it had a lot to compete against.

starcraft came out a year later.

April 1, 1998

go look the games up on wikipedia, youl find TA has about 3 pages of info listed and Starcrafts got about 3 paragraphs if that. :p

Associate
To be honest i never got on with starcraft :confused: . probably just me so dont flame me ;)

Ta was and is good, its just received a graphics and engine overhaul. I dont see a massive difference from the original TA and SC. Obvious improvements but the same gameplay features are there.... build a massive army and send them to the middle of the battle field.. "good luck!"

thats how i took the chris taylor gameplay footage at least.... things are definately going to change with the massive maps tho. more room for strategy.

that new download link was nice, 1.2meg a second on that lol

Permabanned
OP
Lostcorpse said:
any idea if the game will feature a multiplayer replay feature?

i believe so, you can also complete the single player campaign with other people!! :) so it stands to reason that you would be able to save.

Man of Honour
locutus12 said:
just as starcraft was far from perfect. i cant count how many times a group of us had to surrender when playing multi player Starcraft becasue we simply ran out of resources :rolleyes: no such trouble with TA. TA also had physics in the form of gravity and weather condtions and was the first RTS to impliment the use of polygons.
You were obviously never any good at StarCraft then.
locutus12 said:
go look the games up on wikipedia, youl find TA has about 3 pages of info listed and Starcrafts got about 3 paragraphs if that. :p
Your point being? Chack out how popular StarCraft is today. It has more players then the top 3 FPS games put together.

Edit: After looking at the wiki pages it is also apparant that you are wrong. The StarCraft page has more information than the Total Annihilation page but again what does this mean? Naff all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have to admit i never got on with starcraft either:p Still got the discs somewhere, so might have to see what the fuss is about again. There is certainly a lot that could have been improved about TA, but at the time, it was one of the best.

Man of Honour
Orifice said:
I have to admit i never got on with starcraft either:p Still got the discs somewhere, so might have to see what the fuss is about again. There is certainly a lot that could have been improved about TA, but at the time, it was one of the best.
It's all about the multiplayer with StarCraft. Saying that I am really looking forward to Supreme Commander.

Last edited:
Associate
does look like an amazing game but i have a bad feeling it will require an awfull big cpu to calculate all those physics :eek:
/mourns his old P4 2.6

Soldato
Starcraft felt more like a chess game than a fun RTS to me..more like hard work and I never really got on with it at all.I can understand the attraction though.

TA took a huge slice of my life online..the community on Wireplay was second to none :D

Hopefully SC will be the same..getting bored of World Of Grindfest.

Back
Top Bottom