The ***OFFICIAL*** Supreme commander thread. (video inside)

Soldato
Phate said:
2 x 22" :p

seriously though, go for dual monitors, you'll wonder how you ever used windows with 1 monitor!

Really, that good? I can see the benefits I must admit of having 2 screens to work with. :) Hopefully when the game is out the 19" VX922 will be down in price a little more!

Soldato
Onthe monitors its true you will wonder why u never done it before, speciall if you have a digi tv card or someting,

On the game, this may be the biigest game of 2007, i have been watching it for some time now and cant wait to get my hands on some playable code,

I hope they go for open beats like company of heroes etc

Soldato
What are people on about 2monitors ? Does this game let you play across 2 monitors ? :eek: WOULD BE AWESOME!

Have you guys checked out:
http://www.supremecommander.com/

Just spent the last hour reading up on the UEF, Cyberians and Aeons, Not only does it look an awesome game but the storys lines awesome 2 and sets the scene really well for the Humassive-a-mungus fights :D man whens it coming out !! Grrrr

And clues yet as to minimum specs ? Hopefully it will run well on:

A64 X2 2.55ghz
2gigs ram
x1900XT @ XTX
Raptor drives

As long as its well coded and have VERY good drivers for the XT, I dont see why not -i hope- lol

Soldato
Combat squirrel said:
What are people on about 2monitors ? Does this game let you play across 2 monitors ? :eek: WOULD BE AWESOME!

Yeah it will take advantage of x2 screens. I'm guessing one for the map view and the other for the normal gameplay. :cool:

But I don't know if one larger widescreen would be better. Hey ho!

Permabanned
OP
Firegod said:
:cool:

Can't wait!!! Now do I buy 2x 19" screens just for this game or one large 22" screen. :p

ive already bought a second TFT for it, i have the 19" main screen and secondary 17" TFT

Combat squirrel said:

the principal stems from Total Annihilation, Chris taylor wanted to use 2 screens back then, 1 for the main battle and one for radar imagery, but the technology to do it (Dual head) was expensive and the hard ware to use it was not wide spread.

These days of course, dual head is pretty much standard. so youl be able to run 2 different battles, 1 on each screen, personally i will be using my 17" tft for the radar and reconnaissance information and selecting the main battles to be displayed which will then come up on my 19" tft.

ive been playing total annihilation at least 3 times a month, every month, since 1997. my battlefield 2 clan started out playing TA 4 years back and way before that i was a Boneyards Core Commander on Cavedogs original boneyards multiplayer TA system.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Kreeeee said:
Bah stop posting about it!

supcomdq9.png

Soldato
Combat squirrel said:

Have you guys checked out:
http://www.supremecommander.com/

Just spent the last hour reading up on the UEF, Cyberians and Aeons, Not only does it look an awesome game but the storys lines awesome 2 and sets the scene really well for the Humassive-a-mungus fights :D man whens it coming out !! Grrrr

And clues yet as to minimum specs ? Hopefully it will run well on:

A64 X2 2.55ghz
2gigs ram
x1900XT @ XTX
Raptor drives

As long as its well coded and have VERY good drivers for the XT, I dont see why not -i hope- lol

time for an upgrade to a E6600 Core Duo!

Soldato
VeNT said:
time for an upgrade to a E6600 Core Duo!

LOL, not likely, awesome as they are im saving my pennys and making this PC last. If it doesnt run well on at least high graphics with my system ill be ringing Mr Taylor up and asking him to code it properly ! lol

The Physics + AI should run very well on a dual core A64, the thing that is most likely to slow it down is graphics, but a 512mb XT SHOULD at least be able run it on high if not top settings, id think anyways :confused: :D :)

Permabanned
OP
Kreeeee said:
*Implodes*

I think people are REALLy overestimating the required spec though.

indeed, besides i think the games going to be fairly scalable but for those who can manage top notch graphics and two monitors, were in for some real good eye candy.

Back
Top Bottom