*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I have just in the past few days picked up an Xbox One. Enjoying Titanfall but I must say that the UI of the console feels like a significant step back compared to the 360!

Soldato
I find the One dash horrid and worse than the 360. It's cluttered with crap I'm not interested in and adverts.

The PS4 has a simpler dash but tbh both are leagues behind the previous gen consoles to me. I'm sure they will evolve over time.

Soldato
I'd hardly say Sony are behind os wise considering xbox one os and menu is horrible in nearly every way it's a massive step back from 360, ps4 is very similar to xmb but that was very nice and simple anyway, I'm glad that least one of my next gen consols will play 3d blu ray finally! Why it wasn't there at launch is baffling though. Good update for it over all so impressed

Permabanned
I'd hardly say Sony are behind os wise considering xbox one os and menu is horrible in nearly every way it's a massive step back from 360, ps4 is very similar to xmb but that was very nice and simple anyway, I'm glad that least one of my next gen consols will play 3d blu ray finally! Why it wasn't there at launch is baffling though. Good update for it over all so impressed

Not worth the effort, I would want them concentrate on worthwhile features rather than a format on its way out.

Associate
Anyone else experience delays when starting or joining a party? Or opening achievements? seems to take forever to load and sometimes just doesn't happen at all so have to quit the app manually and try again!

The entire dashboard seems quite slow and clumsy recently!

Associate
Have to say I never really enjoyed the xmb on the ps3, found it quite slow and cumbersome compared to the 360. Having said that I preferred the original dash when the 360 first came out compared to the Win 8 tiles. With win 8 & their smartphones not doing great, wonder if MS will move away from the tiles thing at some point and go with another OS style.

Soldato
Let's not be dramatic, they're both playing catch-up with each other in many respects.

I'm not being dramatic. I see MS releasing regular updates and listening to people and I see Sony doing naff all. I would like to see something similar to the Beta app on the Xbox one where you can make suggestions for future updates. I don't want to see Sony get lazy now they are in the lead.

Associate
Well finally bit the bullet and bought a One & Titanfall today. Traded my 360 and a few games so ended up paying about £150 as the gf put the extra cash in as a birthday present :D not got round to doing much yet, just setting it up and installing KI & Titanfall, but I love the look, the pad is great and it's very quiet. The UI is taking some getting used to but I'll get there.

So far very happy with it, any tips or tricks with settings or anything. Is instant on worth having on because sure I've seen a few people say games have crashed a few times with it on?

Soldato
I have instant on and never seen any crashes. BF4 has wiped campaign progress twice now so maybe it's that?

Instant on is awesome though. Come home "xbox on" and my TV, AV, XB1 and Youview are all on, ready to use. Then just say "xbox watch BBC1", and there we go 'til gaming time.

Soldato
I have instant on and never seen any crashes. BF4 has wiped campaign progress twice now so maybe it's that?

Instant on is awesome though. Come home "xbox on" and my TV, AV, XB1 and Youview are all on, ready to use. Then just say "xbox watch BBC1", and there we go 'til gaming time.

I dont have instant on. BF single player progress was always prone to disappearing. I did the single player and achievements in one day because I knew I'd lose my progress (which I did afterwards). I think its when you play multi after starting single player.

Associate
Do you have to have kinect + instant on to get the xbox to automatically swith the TV on when it's switched on? I got one without kinect and when I switch it on it doesn't switch the TV on as well, could be something in the settings I'm missing.

Back
Top Bottom