*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Ah right that might have something to do with it, my usage has sky splitting and going to input 1 on tv and then to the input on the xb1 which goes to my amp and then to input 2 on my tv

What I've read says it won't work if both sources are on and my amp is usually off or on another channel (so essentially off) when watching sky

That being said mine has been playing up every now and then the past few days since I moved my kit around :mad:

well just tried to set mine up and its the same as yours now lol

the light plug is on and the blue light on unit comes on but then goes out and nothing i think they are broken :(

Associate
ok so been messing with mine for last hour i have had everything from your device lgtv(2013 model) does not support hdcp lol to everything going dead.

still thinking it may be something to do with the poxy ac adapter that came with it (serious i dare not sneeze while holding it incase it fell apart) i hunted around the house for a stop gap to try and found an old 12v ac adapter (i know it says 5v to use but only need to test for a day or 2 until i can order one)

outcome works like a charm all lights come on and when nothing is powered the blue lights on the hdmi out part go out, when i switch a device on the light for that port turns blue and it powers it and it works

had both xbox and sky running same time with no loss of picture quality that i can see

Soldato
Just so you know, if you install a older game, that has had lots of updates since, I think if you are connected, in the initial installation, it will wait and download the updates to install the game so its at its best when you do get playing, im not sure, but think I got that with a couple of games.

Yeah a 15GB download for Dead Rising 3 :eek: The weather was pretty stormy and we do sometimes have broadband / router issues when we have storms, all downloaded and working now. I'll be picking up Forza 5 next week (a mate ordered it with a discount code for me :p ) and I'm sure that will be another big download.

I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to consoles. I remember the PS1, PS2, Xbox and DC where I was into a game within 10 minutes of getting it out of the box! That isn't how it is in these days of release first, patch later and drip feeding us via DLC.

Really pleased with it so far though. Titanfall is amazing and now I've got used to how it play it seems to be a FPS I don't completely suck at! DR3 is a bit annoying but my complaint with that is the same as with DR1 and 2 so I knew what I was letting myself in for! Seems to shoe horn in kinect for the sake of it but as a release game that is to be expected I guess. The two Games with Gold offerings do nothing for me, hoping for something more up my street next month.

Soldato
Picked up Thief and Watchdogs, both seem very good with nice looking graphics and playing smoothly, no frame rate problems like those I found with Fifa and kinect.

Installing is also a lot better than I remember. Much faster! :)

edit: Tested the turn on/off TV stuff with Kinect plugged in, it's pretty useful, but still doesn't warrant having that plugged in and I can't be ***** with buying an IR cable. :p

Associate
My Kinect sensor has just died

I get a message to plug it in. Tried resetting unplugging etc to no avail

Looks it will need returning. Very annoying considering the controller also packed in a while ago :(

Soldato
Going to be picking up a Xbox One next week hopefully. Excited :D

Any tips, recommendations games wise? Do's and don't buys? :)

I picked up Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 (still to pick this up) and I bought the Titanfall bundle as it was only £10 more. TBH I'm so glad I did because I love Titanfall! Getting more in to Dead Rising after playing it again today.

Soldato
Associate
Well think I'm gonna pick myself up an Xbox One this weekend. Still not fully decided as none of my mates have got one, yet and people keeping telling me to get the more powerful PS4, but I've got 12 months of Live and a decent gamerscore to transfer ;) also a bit of an xbox fan as my 360 has given me a good few years of enjoyment and I'm sure the One will do the same.

That and really wanting to play Titanfall and some of the exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown & Halo 5, so yeah Xbox One it is then :)

Soldato
Not exactly bad news:

“Bottom line, we will continue to innovate and grow our fan base with Xbox while also creating additive business value for Microsoft.”

Not long ago he was on about how committed they are to the xbox

Aye like I said it's just a bizarre statement, short term it means nothing but it hints at a longer term plan to do something with the Xbox brand (whatever that may be!). Ultimately businesses have a "core" business for a reason, it's where they see their strengths and best opportunities lying and will attract the most investment/resources.

Back
Top Bottom