*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Strange as mine hasn't updated, touch wood not had the achievements bug yet either, though a lot seem to be having it on the support forums.

To the guys that bought the hdmi splitters, have you got them working properly now? I bought one and had problems from sky box saying it's not hdcp compatible, to then working properly to now only one output working. I suspect it's the cheap ass plug, with dodgy 3 pin adapter.

Associate
Strange as mine hasn't updated, touch wood not had the achievements bug yet either, though a lot seem to be having it on the support forums.

To the guys that bought the hdmi splitters, have you got them working properly now? I bought one and had problems from sky box saying it's not hdcp compatible, to then working properly to now only one output working. I suspect it's the cheap ass plug, with dodgy 3 pin adapter.

Nope sent it back. Now have a HDMI socket in my tv that doesnt work :(

Associate
£169.99, they're doing a legendary edition as well I think it is, with steel case & art book of the maps. Not sure how much that is though.

Soldato
Wow, completely forgot about this.

What was the price?

£169.99. I don't think it's a 'real' CE, they've just bundled together the steelbook & a Kotobukiya statue. I am however a complete sucker and want it, so I've ordered the statue separately just to complete the collection. It's actually cheaper to order them separately aswell.

Soldato
See Microsoft have just announced a USB TV tuner card for the XB1.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner

Might be tempted but would have to get the aerial on the house fixed first

Called it!

The ability to share recorded content across devices is something else entirely, and something I doubt anyone would agree to. Content providers are very very scared about security. The Xbox just does HDMI Passthrough, ie the video goes through the box so it's UI can be overlayed. First and foremost that is it. They may have developed a way to control the box in tandem with the providers over the HDMI CEC channel (in addition to video passthrough), but the presence of an IR blaster port on the back makes that unlikely. Google TV works in the same manner.

The problem is the pay-tv market of the US is quite dramatically different to the UK. They have competition, different delivery systems and a much more open and dare I say it 'capitalistic' style of competition.
Theoretically Sky could chuck their decryption onto a CI Card and then every TV could receive and decode Sky channels without a Sky box. But ofcourse they won't do that because they then don't make money (or ensure security) without selling their own boxes. In the US (& most of Europe) this is the case where you'd get a subscriber card that works in CI+ TV. In the US it may be able to be ALL-IN-ONE eventually with IPTV, there's already a FIOS is it which does this?

EDIT: OR, just spitballing here - That unusual USB port on the side could be for TV Tuner support. The problem is the varying delivery systems they'd need to cover (DVB-T/T2/C/C2/S/S2/IDVBT etc. etc.)

Interesting if they can do (if not now, later....) HEVC decode! Could be a cheap way into a 4k STB (assuming you have an X1 already).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom