*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Order has already gone though so im stuck with it at least it might keep my gf for a while and it was only 50 quid so not a total lose :) i only got it to play forza lol

No chance would I get rid of the Kinect, using it to navigate the OS, switch between games, pause/play media, Xbox Record That, I know it might not seem like a lot but if I couldn't have any of that now it really would make it a much less enjoyable/easy experience. I bloody love it!

I really don't know whether to sign up for EA Access or not. Any thoughts on the below?

The two main games I will be buying in the coming week sare NHL 15 and FIFA 15. I want both digitally so I don't have to disc swap, and having EA Access means I'd get a 10% discount on both, plus early access.

Is it safe to assume that both will be a ridiculous £54.99 digitally? If so, then my options look like:

Option 1
EA Access 1 year: £19.99
NHL 15 with 10% discount: £49.50
FIFA 15 with 10% discount: £49.50

Total: £118.99
Benefits: Access to other EA Games for a year (hoping they add more), early access, further discounts on purchases

Option 2
NHL 15: £54.99
FIFA 15: £54.99

Total: £109.98
Benefits: Cheaper, but not by much
Cons: No early access, no access to other EA games now or when more are added, no further discounts

Option 3
EA Access 1 month: £3.99

Total: £113.97
Benefits: Early access, cheaper game purchases (but ends up more expensive than just buying them on their own)
Cons: No access to other EA games or discounts beyond the first month

It's worth mentioning I have £44 of GAME credit, which I'll likely use to buy £50 Xbox credit. Does anyone know if I can use this credit towards purchases of NHL 15 or FIFA 15, including my EA Access discount if I go this route?

Cheers.

EDIT: Also worth saying that I would probably get a few hours play out of Madden 25, but I won't be buying 15. I just fancy a crack at 25 for a laugh. Peggle might get played, but probably not much. BF4 I have on PC so not interested in that.

Last edited:
I really don't know whether to sign up for EA Access or not. Any thoughts on the below?

The two main games I will be buying in the coming week sare NHL 15 and FIFA 15. I want both digitally so I don't have to disc swap, and having EA Access means I'd get a 10% discount on both, plus early access.

Is it safe to assume that both will be a ridiculous £54.99 digitally? If so, then my options look like:

Option 1
EA Access 1 year: £19.99

Total: £118.99
Benefits: Access to other EA Games for a year (hoping they add more), early access, further discounts on purchases

Option 2
NHL 15: £54.99
FIFA 15: £54.99

Total: £109.98
Benefits: Cheaper, but not by much
Cons: No early access, no access to other EA games now or when more are added, no further discounts

Option 3
EA Access 1 month: £3.99

Total: £113.97
Benefits: Early access, cheaper game purchases (but ends up more expensive than just buying them on their own)
Cons: No access to other EA games or discounts beyond the first month

It's worth mentioning I have £44 of GAME credit, which I'll likely use to buy £50 Xbox credit. Does anyone know if I can use this credit towards purchases of NHL 15 or FIFA 15, including my EA Access discount if I go this route?

Cheers.

EDIT: Also worth saying that I would probably get a few hours play out of Madden 25, but I won't be buying 15. I just fancy a crack at 25 for a laugh. Peggle might get played, but probably not much. BF4 I have on PC so not interested in that.
Yea you will mate, option 1 is the choice I'd be looking to get.

Don't underestimate peggle, it is literally crack, by far my most played game!!

I think it's safe to say they will be at least £54.99 each digitally.

You can use the credit for Fifa/NHL yes, but AFAIK XBL credit cannot be used to buy EA Access.

Aye, for some reason you have to pay for it with a credit/debit card

Ok cool, well I can use the credit towards the games rather than the membership.

I think having worked it all out, the extra £8-9 to have EA Access for a year makes it more than worth while. I think I just needed to type it all out like that to convince myself :D

I hope they add some more games soon. I'd be keen to play UFC, PvZ, and maybe NFS.

Back on why you wouldn't get rid of Kinect heres my reasons.

I've left it on for a while, Someone calls me on Skype (yes I'm aware this is a moot point as Skype obviously won't work without) as I haven't touched it the controller is off and I'm in the kitchen, I just shout "XBOX ANSWER" walk over to the TV and BOOM, Call connected.

Reason 2:
Just got in the flat after work, want to do nothing other than go on YouTube and chill, I walk in the door, say Xbox On, wait for the beep noise of the dashboard, Xbox sign in as Eliot, then follow up with Xbox go to you tube. All while getting changed or while in the kitchen getting a beer.

Reason3:
Navigating the menus is actually faster with your voice

Reason 4:
Uncharacteristically loud movie scene is on and comes out of nowhere.
**** where is the TV remote? Oh no wait, Xbox mute or Xbox volume down should do it.

option 3 is what I did.

got a £50 xbox gift card for £39 from g2a

I ended up just getting a year subscription. Played a bit of Madden 25 and although I'm not the biggest NFL fan, it was actually kind of fun. Might be fun online too, although FIFA and NHL will definitely be taking up most of my time from now on. The new NHL is awesome.

Not heard of G2A, looks good though and a great way of getting digital games for less. Is it 100% safe and legit?

I've left it on for a while, Someone calls me on Skype (yes I'm aware this is a moot point as Skype obviously won't work without) as I haven't touched it the controller is off and I'm in the kitchen, I just shout "XBOX ANSWER" walk over to the TV and BOOM, Call connected.

Reason 2:
Just got in the flat after work, want to do nothing other than go on YouTube and chill, I walk in the door, say Xbox On, wait for the beep noise of the dashboard, Xbox sign in as Eliot, then follow up with Xbox go to you tube. All while getting changed or while in the kitchen getting a beer.

Reason3:
Navigating the menus is actually faster with your voice

Reason 4:
**** where is the TV remote? Oh no wait, Xbox mute or Xbox volume down should do it.

The Kinect is awesome in these situations. Love it and now that I am used to using it, I couldn't live without it. :D

I agree with the above re kinect. I almost decided to get one without but for me the main use is the "record that" function, does the ps4 offer something similar? I've not bothered with the camera for that.

Reason 4:

Lol. Nope that NEVER works. If it's loud enough to be am issue you can be sure the kinect never hears you!

Ok cool, well I can use the credit towards the games rather than the membership.

I think having worked it all out, the extra £8-9 to have EA Access for a year makes it more than worth while. I think I just needed to type it all out like that to convince myself :D

I hope they add some more games soon. I'd be keen to play UFC, PvZ, and maybe NFS.

Does the region change trick still work? Should make it a bit cheaper if it does.

Also do you know anyone else with an xbox one? If you are going all digital then you can split the cost between the two of you if you change your home console (and both want the game).

Just did so with my bro and now have Forza and COD for free! Also can use his digital Titanfall so i can sell my physical and sign up for EA Access gaining another few games for free.

So powered up the Xbox today and started installing some games from the Store and I've noticed the hard drive makes a bit of noise.

Now I've heard that some people are having problems but the level of noise is not at all the same noise level.

It sounds like normal read / write access but I want to check if this is OK?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom