*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Is anyone using their Xbox One as a bluray player? I was watching a film yesterday and every now and then, the playback would jerk around, like freezing and starting again, quite annoying!

Anyone else experienced issues with bluray films?

Can't say I've noticed this on mine, my little boy was only watching postman pat on it yesterday. Will try a movie out later. :D

Associate
Is anyone using their Xbox One as a bluray player? I was watching a film yesterday and every now and then, the playback would jerk around, like freezing and starting again, quite annoying!

I had issues for a while. DVDs and Blu Rays. I wasn't using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox so i changed to the official one and the problem stopped. I think the real reason was that I also changed to HDMI4 which was on the side of the TV rather than HDMI2 which was on the back and being squashed against the wall.

TLDR: Try changing HDMI cable?

Soldato

Yup, mine is awful for lip sync. I've looked around for info and can't find anything except one post on xbox forums that said MS has had issues with the bluray drives, but the link they posted was dead.

Just checked the link again now working http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-admits-glitch-with-some-xbox-one-disc-drives/

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just got around to ordering a Xbox one and ps4 but for the extra 50 quid is it with having it with kinect?

Buy one without Kinect and if you really want it pick one up from CEX for ~£25. You may want to do that sooner rather than later though as MS are launching the Kinect as a standalone product (still needs the Xbone) for £120 (ish)*. No doubt CEX will increase their price accordingly.

*Per Eurogamer article.

Back
Top Bottom