*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Checked media player and MKV works, nice.. (but still called media player preview!?)

DLNA isn't working for me. I have a Synology NAS running both it's own media server and plex in the hope that it would detect at least one of them. But it doesn't see either.
Restarted the xbox and tried a few times but I can only see local usb storage. Am I missing something? Is it because I'm using the preview app still?. Can't find anything else.

Any ideas?

Caporegime
A "find" option is available in the new devices and accessories section of settings, but a controller will need to be powered on to use the feature. That makes it a little useless if you turn your Xbox One using the button or with the "Xbox, on" Kinect command, but if you're clumsy enough to lose a controller while it's still turned on then you can use Kinect to shout "find" at your TV to vibrate the wireless controller.

Most pointless feature ever? Find a controller, that you've already turned on, and then somehow lost?

Soldato
I'm I going crazy, or did anyone else get an email about turning the preview programme into some mini game where you get points for leaving feedback, lol, they even have leader boards lol.

Soldato
Good news – now you’ll earn Preview points for providing feedback in the Preview program, including points for completing quests, surveys, quick polls, and rating updates. And you can check your progress on the new My stats page in the Preview Dashboard app.

In My stats, you’ll see your rewards info, including your level, how many points you have earned since joining the program, and how long you’ve been in the Preview. As you earn more points, you’ll level up, and unlock new Preview pics. There’s also a leaderboard where you can see how you stack up against your friends in the Preview program (or other program members). And we’ll have some special bonus point opportunities in My stats later, so be sure to check back.

To learn more about earning points, go to the Help page in the Preview Dashboard. And while you’re racking up the points and unlocking levels, know that you’re not just adding to your total – you’re playing a part in making Xbox One the best place to play.

Soldato
For those here that are after one, you might not have seen this on the PS4 thread....

Go to your local Tesco store RIGHT NOW and ask for

XB1 (Solus or the Forza bundle) + The Evil Within + Alien Isolation

It comes to £305. Either console is fine, as long as there is no Kinect, it is all over Hot UK Deals. This is mine.

dbl2YyJ.jpg.png

I expect they would have updated their system by morning.

I'll be joining the ranks again real soon :)

Caporegime
How many of you guys who have Sky/Virgin plug your box through the XB1 ?

If you do, does that mean you are now doing both in the same input/channel on your amp/television? And does the XB1 have to be on to be able to watch TV?

At the moment my Sky both and XB1 go into different input in the amp, just like any other regular console. I like the snap TV feature for sports but there are times when I just want to watch TV. Is there some way of having them on independently one time, and both on at other times? I know that the Sky box only has 1 HDMI out. Perhaps a HDMI splitter could work?

Soldato
I have my Skybox through the Xbox, voice commanding Xbox on turns my Sky and TV on simultaneously. Command it off and both turns off too.

Command Xbox to TV and it'll be no different from normal TV usage, using your remote, with the added bonus of commanding change channel, play/pause, mute etc without lifting the remote

If Amp is involve, it should be routed through the Xbox, basically it becomes a media hub.

Back
Top Bottom