*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
If it's less than 6 months old I would go straight to Amazon, regardless of what they say about it being over 30 days and talking to MS. Even if it were over 6 months old, I would still do that.

I recently needed to return/exchange a controller and as it was 8 months old their online returns system wouldn't allow me to process the return. A quick email and a new one was sent out immediately (I have Prime so got it next day). I then used the box to return the faulty one.

It annoy me when retailers try to make out their responsibilities end as soon as they take your cash.

I had a play the day my xbox tv tuner arrived, but I've almost immediately gone back to using my Humax/TV's tuner.

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
So I suddenly find myself tempted to buy the Xbox... to give in or wait for possible black Friday offers...

Soldato
So I suddenly find myself tempted to buy the Xbox... to give in or wait for possible black Friday offers...

As already said, if you can, do it! No guarantees on BF deals, and plenty of good deals around - I don't regret buying mine, but then neither do I regret buying my PS4 :D

Associate
Easily the better console for me, online features, the integration etc... who cares if the PS4 GPU is slightly better, the Xbox One is more than capable for me, and if I want pure power I just use the PC.

I say go for it whoever is thinking about it!

Associate
Got a PS4 at launch after the debacle that was the Xbone reveal. After looking at Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and now Halo Master Chief collection I was convinced it was time to pick one up. I have to say I am very impressed and love FH 2.

Think the Xbone is getting very unfairly maligned tbh. As others have said my PS4 hasn't been on since.

Soldato
It really is amazing how quickly some things change around.

It wasn't long ago that the XO was basically mocked for what it was, now with no Kinect, cheaper pricing, some good exclsuives and the (stable) Online platform in XBL really starting to prove it's worth again, people are actually preferring and recommending this over the PS4. Even the performance debate seems to have gone away recently, and games across both consoles seem closer visually.

The constant refinements to the dash have also made it a very solid console features-wise, and it's currently making the PS4 and it's network infrastructure look pretty basic.

Soldato
I find the PS4 interface is much faster (e.g. going to settings while in-game etc). Also game installs seem much faster on PS4.

Prefer the Xbox One controller - it just feels more premium (probably something to do with the weight of it, plus rumble triggers are awesome!)

Not a massive fan of the size of the Xbox One + power brick.

Xbox One exclusives have been better so far, Forza Horizon 2 is excellent and I am looking forward to the Halo Masterchief Collection.

Overall I am very pleased with the Xbox One considering the negative press it has received. I will be sticking to the Xbox for exlusives, and the PS4/PC for multiplats (as most of my friends are on PS4).

Or waiting for the Xbox 'exclusives' to get released on PC a year later :p *cough* Dead Rising.. Ryse..

Soldato
I actually went out a bought a kinect secondhand ! Worth it for the auto sign in.

But mine has crashed twice since I got it, just completely freezes and need a hard reboot. So neither are perfect.

Saying that, i used to get that on the 360 too.

Cant say I've come across that :confused:

Soldato
No hard freezes here since launch. I used to get Kinect freezing up launching Xbox Fitness occasionally, or the console wouldn't respond to being powered on meaning it has to be unplugged from the wall, but not had either for ages so think it must have been software.

If it's just locking up of it's own accord either in the dash, or across multiple apps, then I'd be a little concerned.

Soldato
How old's the console? I'd be looking at firstly resetting everything and wiping the drive, and if that doesn't solve it returning it.

Back
Top Bottom