*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Well this is crap...my console won't load :confused:

Just switched it on once I got home from work as I do most evenings, saw the Xbox One green loading screen, then the screen went black. I've tried the hard reset, unplugging things, different HDMI cable, different HDMI port on the monitor but still can't get to the dashboard. Just blackscreens every time.

Any advice?

Just to follow up on this, I think I might have fixed it tonight.

After talking to a few of the Microsoft staff on their online web chat, I was told to manually download the system update using an USB flash drive, incase the last one had corrupted somehow. So I tried that, but after installing it, instead of a black screen I started getting the E305 00000001 800700B7 error code every time I turned it on. Asked the web chat staff again and they didn't really know what to say, so I googled the code and found a thread on the Xbox forum, where someone said they'd fixed it by doing a factory reset.

So tonight after coming home I did a factory reset and it seems to have solved the problem. I'm still not sure what caused it but I guess it was an update that somehow got corrupted (was there even an update last Monday/Tuesday?). Anyway, fingers crossed it was just a glitch and not the sign of a deteriorating hard drive. I've restarted the console just to test it and it's loaded fine. Also recovered my Gamertag. Since the console is relatively new I don't have that many games to reinstall anyway, the biggest one being the Halo MCC pre-download which doesn't even unlock until Tuesday. Plenty of time :cool:

I know this is a bit of a cool-story-bro post, but I thought it might help if someone else has this problem in the future.

Soldato
Second area of the first world I'm afraid lol

Arrgh that sucks :/

Ok I'm up to the second area of the second world now and it is brutal. Can pretty much do the first world without getting hit. Got the achievement for not losing any gear so I must have done a perfect run. I've done it that many times it's become second nature. On about volgarr for anyone else wondering what I'm on about btw :p

Soldato
How on earth did the XB1 install system go out like this? Currently installing Forza Horizon 2 from disk, after 10 minutes it's at 13%..

Every single PS4 game I've got you can start playing after 1-2 minutes.

Soldato
Soldato
Anyone else find the controller a bit off, don't know what it is but the sticks feel too high and small. Cant get used to them, never feel in complete control.

That and the bumpers are god dam awful, I have both index fingers on the triggers and pull them down to use bumpers, then switch back to triggers, but where you are suppose to press are not in line with the triggers. Playing evil within was a nightmare, constantly having to adjust fingers, not even knowing if pressed, or releasing mid way getting you killed. Horrid design.

Soldato
Anyone else find the controller a bit off, don't know what it is but the sticks feel too high and small. Cant get used to them, never feel in complete control.

That and the bumpers are god dam awful, I have both index fingers on the triggers and pull them down to use bumpers, then switch back to triggers, but where you are suppose to press are not in line with the triggers. Playing evil within was a nightmare, constantly having to adjust fingers, not even knowing if pressed, or releasing mid way getting you killed. Horrid design.

Agree about the bumpers, they feel so 'clicky' compared to the other buttons.

Associate
I think it took a back step compared to the 360 one.

The sticks and + pad are good, but the shoulder buttons are too 'narrow' with the way the slope up, cannot think of any other way of describing it...

The PS4 pad is perfect imo, followed by 360 pad then XB1.... PS3 pad is some where past the master system pad...

Soldato
360 pad is the best ever, hands down.

Just done some measurement using vernier calipers of both 360 and one pad (yes I know) and it appears the length of the sticks are more ales the same (one slightly taller). The difference being the 360 pads ball ends are recessed a bit more in the pad hence why the one sticks feel like they are higher. Also the sticks are a couple of mm smaller too.

untitled.png

When you switch index finger from triggers mine naturally land on the red bit or inbetween the green bit and red bit, hence why I think im having issues.

Soldato
When you switch index finger from triggers mine naturally land on the red bit or inbetween the green bit and red bit, hence why I think im having issues.

You must hold the pad pretty weird? My bumpers work in a much larger range than your graphic as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
You must hold the pad pretty weird? My bumpers work in a much larger range than your graphic as well.

Not my graphic, found online. I think even MS said the same.

This is my normal grip
DSC00006.jpg

Naturally moving from trigger leaves finger on bumper like this
DSC00007-1.jpg

To be able to press the bumper I need to pull back my finger, see arch. Not always as sometimes you can get a click from the natural position but hard to keep pressed for games like evil within where you need to keep it pressed down.
DSC00008.jpg

360 pad my normal grip
DSC00011.jpg

Move to bumper naturally, no arch required. Can press, hold it there all day long.
DSC00012.jpg

Soldato
Why cant you press the bumper in pic 2? Use the middle of your finger does not need to be the tip.

When you do it at speed naturally its the tip that does the pressing for me anyway.

Plus one of the main reason in evil within you need to keep it pressed for long periods of time, using the middle bit is awkward, plus makes it harder to use the sticks with you middle bit of your index finger is pressed down.

Back
Top Bottom