*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
forza is digital, the rest are physical I believe. atleast, that's what the other offer says.

Quick question regarding the hard drive, Does anyone know how much is available to you when you first get the console? just looking at the game link and it says xbox one system software uses a significant amount of space.

I think it's 429GB or something. Be safe to say 400GB at least.

Soldato
I've got a problem with my xbox, I've had it since May and have updated it each month without a hitch except for the past two updates hanging at 66 MB remaining.

Last time I fixed it by using the xbox one update diagnostic tool. I don't want to have keep doing this every month or so, has anyone else had this problem?

I'm thinking about returning the one and exchange it for a new one but would rather resolve the problem another way.

Last edited:
Associate
forza is digital, the rest are physical I believe. atleast, that's what the other offer says.

Quick question regarding the hard drive, Does anyone know how much is available to you when you first get the console? just looking at the game link and it says xbox one system software uses a significant amount of space.

Im gonna say 368gb. Sure it was a stupid amount for OS and stuff

Associate
I've got a problem with my xbox, I've had it since May and have updated it each month without a hitch except for the past two updates hanging at 66 MB remaining.

Last time I fixed it by using the xbox one update diagnostic tool. I don't want to have keep doing this every month or so, has anyone else had this problem?

I'm thinking about returning the one and exchange it for a new one but would rather resolve the problem another way.

Not had any problems with the updates. Have you tried a hard reset?

Associate
Anyone tried to buy anything from the US store using the usual region swap trick recently?

I get an error code PBR9002 which google says is related to Paypal, but I am using a credit card.

I wonder if MS has caught on and changed something to stop this happening.

Associate
Anyone tried to buy anything from the US store using the usual region swap trick recently?

I get an error code PBR9002 which google says is related to Paypal, but I am using a credit card.

I wonder if MS has caught on and changed something to stop this happening.

I tried to but halo earlier from the us store and my transaction was declined, same card I used to but COD last week.

Soldato
How do you 'quit' games on the Xbox One? On PS4 you hold the home button and it comes up with an option to close the application. Is there something similar on Xbox? It doesn't feel right just taking the disc out while the game is running.

Soldato
How do you 'quit' games on the Xbox One? On PS4 you hold the home button and it comes up with an option to close the application. Is there something similar on Xbox? It doesn't feel right just taking the disc out while the game is running.

Go back to the dashboard and then click the small button with the lines on it while the game is highlighted, you'll get an option in there to quit. There may be other ways but that's what I use.

Soldato
Press the home button, then the 'back button' (it's now a button with 2box, the left / select button on old school NES), then select quit.

Otherwise, the game will run in background and paused, ready for resume when you go back to it. Great feature when you're multi-apping.

Soldato
Go back to the dashboard and then click the small button with the lines on it while the game is highlighted, you'll get an option in there to quit. There may be other ways but that's what I use.

Press the home button, then the 'back button' (it's now a button with 2box, the left / select button on old school NES), then select quit.

Otherwise, the game will run in background and paused, ready for resume when you go back to it. Great feature when you're multi-apping.

Thanks guys :)

Now downloading the 15GB Halo update..

e: started Halo 1.. it's cool how you can switch between old/new graphics, but apart from that I got fairly bored of it. Maybe as I didn't grow up with an Xbox I don't have the nostalgia for classic Halo. Think I may skip ahead and play through Halo 4.

Last edited:
Associate
Halo was delivered this morning but I don't have enough space for it. So I've started looking at external drives. Sorry if it's been covered before, but what's the current opinion?

I don't know whether to go for an externally powered 3.5" 4TB, or a 2.5" 2TB USB powered.

Soldato
OP

e: started Halo 1.. it's cool how you can switch between old/new graphics, but apart from that I got fairly bored of it. Maybe as I didn't grow up with an Xbox I don't have the nostalgia for classic Halo. Think I may skip ahead and play through Halo 4.

Best to play them in order or what is the point :p

Stick with it :)

Soldato
Halo was delivered this morning but I don't have enough space for it. So I've started looking at external drives. Sorry if it's been covered before, but what's the current opinion?

I don't know whether to go for an externally powered 3.5" 4TB, or a 2.5" 2TB USB powered.

All down to preference I suppose. I prefer less cable clutter so went for a 1TB 2.5" Western Digital. Noticed a slight performance increase with load times.

Soldato

3 is the best Halo so if you are gonna jump, jump to that one

Back
Top Bottom