*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
picked up my xbox today, Didn't realise forza 5 would be such a huge download..... around 40gb.
will the xbox auto turn off when the download is done if i don't touch it for a while? or will it be fine to turn it off before bed and then restart after work? is it fine to just start were i turned off.

Associate
If it's set to instant-on mode it'll download in the background whilst it appears to be turned off...

only just set up before starting the download and said no to instand on because i didn't think about downloads etc........ and then went straight to download a game :(
is it possible to change? or does that require a restart anyway

Last edited:
Caporegime
only just set up before starting the download and said no to instand on because i didn't think about downloads etc........ and then went straight to download a game :(
is it possible to change? or does that require a restart anyway

You can do it on the fly in Settings > Power & Startup. I regularly chop and change between the two.

Associate
Will a mains powered drive be quicker than a usb powered one?

Halo is a massive install and with other games and wanting to be as future-proof as possible, I'mleaning towards 4TB. I can get 4TB in mains, but only 2TB in usb.

I'm not that fussed about cables and 3.5" vs 2.5" if I think about it. Everything is in a cabinet and out of sight anyway. I think a quiet drive is probably more important. I've got some usb hdd that hum so much the windows vibrate.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
Anyone tried to buy anything from the US store using the usual region swap trick recently?

I get an error code PBR9002 which google says is related to Paypal, but I am using a credit card.

I wonder if MS has caught on and changed something to stop this happening.

I tried to but halo earlier from the us store and my transaction was declined, same card I used to but COD last week.

Mine has stopped working too. Tried to buy stuff today and it gives the same PBR9002 error

Back
Top Bottom