*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Anyone using an external HDD with their Xbox for extra game install space?

I had a spare 2TB 3.5" drive kicking about, so nabbed a USB 3.0 enclosure, chucked it in and hooked it up to my Xbox and it won't detect it at all.

Attach it to my PC and it works fine (via USB 3.0 and eSATA).

Is there a particular way I need to partition/format the drive for it to work? I would have thought it would just be plug in and let the Xbox format it...?

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Just wondering what headphones people are using.. I've been looking at a few and thinking that the Turtle Beach 500X looks the best (a lot of people like the Astro A50 but there expensive and seem to need another adapter to get chat working).

Anyone using anything else and can give opinions?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Is it only powered by the USB, or a separate power adaptor?

Separate power, it's a spare 3.5" 2TB Sammy F4 I wasn't using. The drive works fine, the enclosure works fine. It detects straight away when plugged into my PC's USB 3.0, or my PC's eSATA.

Partitions and formats fine. Transfer speeds seem as they should be.

But if I plug it into any of the Xbox's USB ports... nada... doesn't even detect it... =/

Soldato
Grabbed off gold the Worms Game they were giving out free last week. I thought it was going to be a full blown 3D one, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't!

Played it for hours last night. It's hilarious! Can't wait to have some multiplayer fun on this. Got a great feeling of nostalgia as I was a huge fan of the original worms games years ago :)

Last time I tried I couldn't find a game online, which was a shame. I haven't tried again since but will sometime this week.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Separate power, it's a spare 3.5" 2TB Sammy F4 I wasn't using. The drive works fine, the enclosure works fine. It detects straight away when plugged into my PC's USB 3.0, or my PC's eSATA.

Partitions and formats fine. Transfer speeds seem as they should be.

But if I plug it into any of the Xbox's USB ports... nada... doesn't even detect it... =/

Ah ha. Fixed it.

Turns out you can't format the drive before connecting it to the Xbox. Just partition it. If you format it it doesn't detect it. Deleted the partition, recreated it, but didn't format it this time and bush bash bosh detected it straight away and formatted it no fuss.

Gone from 55% used space to 9% :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Nope I just partitioned it and formatted it as NTFS as I normally would. Xbox wouldn't see it at all. As soon as I deleted and remade the partition but didn't format it, it worked fine.

Soldato
I have a Spanish team (ie. they all have Spanish names), but I was annoyed to see they'd removed the Spanish accent from the options (I say 'removed', I don't know how long it's not been in Worms games for as the last one I played was ages ago).

I'd be up for some online action.

Soldato
Well i picked up Sunset Overdrive today and Forza Horizons 2 should be delivered tomorrow and that's me all set lol

Are there any other upcoming exclusives? My PS4 will probably be my console of choice for Multi platform games.

Soldato
OP
Well i picked up Sunset Overdrive today and Forza Horizons 2 should be delivered tomorrow and that's me all set lol

Are there any other upcoming exclusives? My PS4 will probably be my console of choice for Multi platform games.

Quantum Break
Crackdown 3
Fable legends
Ori and the blind forest
Inside
Scalebound
Halo 5
Gears of war maybe
Phantom dust
Rise of tomb raider
State of decay

Last edited: