*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
ok i plugged my xbox in before 7 and i am still nowhere near playing a game.

WTF is up with that??

Halo has only got to 2% on the install?!?!?! I've given up with that and trying COD see if i can maybe play that before the day is over.

Also, even when downloading free apps, does anyone else get random prompts asking you to redeem code, but when you cancel out of that, the app downloads?

Associate

WTF is up with that??

Halo has only got to 2% on the install?!?!?! I've given up with that and trying COD see if i can maybe play that before the day is over.

Also, even when downloading free apps, does anyone else get random prompts asking you to redeem code, but when you cancel out of that, the app downloads?

I heard on a podcast that for halo install you should switch off the network so that it is not downloading and installing the update at the same time, the update is only for multiplayer.

Soldato
£40 off Xbox one, solus or bundles @ Game

Xbox.com are touring shopping centres and handing out £40 off vouchers for Game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/onetour

Best deal seems to be an Xbox one, a digital download of Forza, and extra controller and 2 games - Advanced Warfare and Halo.

Normal price £349, down to £309.

28 - 30 NOV Bullring Shopping Centre Bullring Shopping Centre, Birmingham B5 4BU Event complete
28 - 30 NOV Lakeside Shopping Centre intu Lakeside, West Thurrock Way, Grays, Essex RM20 2ZP Event complete
03 - 07 DEC Metrocentre Shopping Centre intu Metrocentre, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE11 9YG
03 - 07 DEC Arndale Shopping Centre Manchester Arndale, Manchester M4 3AQ
03 - 07 DEC Bluewater Shopping Centre Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent DA9 9ST
10 - 14 DEC Westfield Stratford Shopping Centre 2 Stratford Place, Montifichet Road, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 1EJ
10 - 14 DEC West Quay Shopping Centre WestQuay Shopping Centre, Southampton SO15 1QF
10 - 14 DEC Braehead Shopping Centre intu Braehead, Kings Inch Rd, Glasgow G51 4BN
18 - 24 DEC Queensgate Shopping Centre Queensgate Shopping Centre, Peterborough PE1 1NT
18 - 24 DEC Leeds Trinity Shopping Centre Trinity Leeds, Albion Street, Leeds LS1 5AT
18 - 24 DEC St David's Shopping Centre St Davids Centre, St Davids Way, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 2DP

Source: HDUK

Last edited:
Soldato
I heard on a podcast that for halo install you should switch off the network so that it is not downloading and installing the update at the same time, the update is only for multiplayer.

I tried that and it wouldn't resume the install. Maybe i should delete the current install, turn off the network and try again. Shocking having to jump through these hoops though.

Associate

WTF is up with that??

lol had this the other night i thought ill know ill have a few games of something for a bit

whack halo on sorry halo needs an update :(

try cod instead sorry cod needs an update :(

oh well bought evil within from black friday ill play that yup you guessed sorry evil within needs an update

so i have 3 in the queue and after half an hour i thought sod it and just left it .

hopefully tonight ill get to play soemthing :D

on a side note decided to disconnect my kinnect as i hardly ever use it and my dashboard speed and snapping apps speed has increased dramatically ...... coincedence maybe ?

Soldato
Xbox.com are touring shopping centres and handing out £40 off vouchers for Game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/onetour

Best deal seems to be an Xbox one, a digital download of Forza, and extra controller and 2 games - Advanced Warfare and Halo.

Normal price £349, down to £309.

Source: HDUK

That's the deal i got, didn't know when/if the tour was coming near me to get a voucher. Ach well, i'm off work next week anyway so will get use out of it. If i can ever get a ****ing game installed! lol

Soldato
The main issue I had with it was the number of updates. If you use the Instant On setting, it could mean you losing progress in a game if it's paused at a certain point. An update overnight will reboot your console meaning you have to reload the game.

Soldato
do you need the preview for instant on??

No, it's been available (and refined) since launch day.

I stopped being in the preview programme because it was getting to the point where there was a system update practically every time I turned the XO on, spent more time doing that than playing anything! All features come eventually to all, better just to wait until they are finalised for the public.

Soldato
Just turned on my xbox one today and it had to do an update. Anyone know what its for? Cant find any patch notes and I already have the November update. I am not part of the preview program.

Soldato

WTF is up with that??

It's actually insane, right next to each other and the Xbox takes all night to download and install and the PS4 is a couple of hours.

MS need to sort it out.

Other than that I've been pleasantly surprised by the X1 and enjoy having both systems.

Soldato
It's actually insane, right next to each other and the Xbox takes all night to download and install and the PS4 is a couple of hours.

MS need to sort it out.

Other than that I've been pleasantly surprised by the X1 and enjoy having both systems.

It's really weird because i used to be impressed with things like patches on the 360 which seemed to be tiny, and the PS3 it was always like 'Downloading 150MB update' lol

Associate

MS need to sort it out.

I hear people complaining about how long installs and updates take on the Xbox One (my brother complains about it all the time!) but they download/update very quickly for me.

I'm not on a particularly fast internet connection (30Mb cable), but Halo for instance was ready to play Halo 1 and 4 in next to no time. I didn't time it or anything, so I don't want to exaggerate, but I'm pretty sure it was about 10-15 minutes, if that. Halo 2 and 3 were still downloading, and I'm not sure how long they took.

Caporegime
I dont have the option for resume games quickly? Do you need the preview program for that?

Just make sure your console is set to Instant On in the Power section of the Settings app. Then when you switch it off, it goes into standby rather than shutdown. When you switch back on, you can resume your game from where you left it.

It's not 100% reliable though. I've had the console crash when resuming on the odd occasion and sometimes the game just restarts itself anyway.

Back
Top Bottom