*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I think he means from the perspective of in game chat with randoms rather than just party chat with mates. In the early days of the 360 when standard in game chat was the norm I met some cool people to play with but those were the days when it wasn't just 12 year olds saying they had rattled your mum or guessing your sexual orientation!

I'm finding less and less that people I know even have mics plugged in anymore. Most of the time I can't be bothered either these days.

Soldato
I did think that, but the randoms voice comms just isn't banter. It's kids either saying they "banged your mum", singing / screaming, moaning / complaining or just being abusive or racist.

None of that is banter.

Soldato
I think he means from the perspective of in game chat with randoms rather than just party chat with mates. In the early days of the 360 when standard in game chat was the norm I met some cool people to play with but those were the days when it wasn't just 12 year olds saying they had rattled your mum or guessing your sexual orientation!

I'm finding less and less that people I know even have mics plugged in anymore. Most of the time I can't be bothered either these days.

This.

Of course I didn't mean there's no banter with people on my friends' list. It's banter with random players that has died. Sure, there was the occasional dumb kid, but they used to get ripped on so badly if they started trying to be 'funny'. Now that most people are in parties, the dumb kids are just about the only people you find in game chat.

Soldato
Party chat killed banter years ago. Worst. Addition. Ever.

Yeah, it genuinely is a shame it went that way.

I agree. I met half of the people on my friends list just by playing Gears 1 and when you could only use game chat. That was when I first started online gaming and I didn't have any online friends.
I agree that most chat from randoms now is just abuse. It's why I used to have chat set to friends only on my 360 towards the end of me owning one.

Soldato
This.

Of course I didn't mean there's no banter with people on my friends' list. It's banter with random players that has died. Sure, there was the occasional dumb kid, but they used to get ripped on so badly if they started trying to be 'funny'. Now that most people are in parties, the dumb kids are just about the only people you find in game chat.

Yeah, unfortunately because i haven't owned an xbox for a good few years i have lost contact with the friends i used to game with so i am 95% never in a party unless one of my mates who also has a one is on at the same time. I still have the mic plugged in, in case someone on BF4 actually wants to talk etc. Hardly never happens though.

Caporegime
The only times I tend to plug my mic in is if there's a bunch of kids screaming/singing/playing their Lil Wayne **** through the headset. I just leave it plugged in and on the floor so I can hear the game rather than their nonsense. Maybe I'm getting old. :p

jpm

jpm

Associate
It's why I used to have chat set to friends only on my 360 towards the end of me owning one.

I did the same, think playing CoD made me do it, even set it to friends only on my X1 to start with, but do open it when on Destiny.

Does seem like a good crowd playing that and when looking up for players to raid with on the Bungie forums its always been a top laugh.

Soldato
If you haven't done it yet, On the X1 its in settings, privacy and online safety, then select custom. Can change voice and text to friends only there.

That would explain the odd occasions where I game with someone on my friend list, and their mate is quiet / friend having to be the middle man relaying messages.

Soldato
Anyone had trouble with their left thumbstick when trying to press it in? Noticed it takes a few clicks to run etc. Only got it for xmas would i be able to return this with xbox for a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom