*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
I kind of like the UI - the modular way you can swap apps in/out without updating the whole firmware is clever. But I think it would perform better with a solid state drive like on the tablets.

Soldato
Although to suggest it's more in depth is not really correct, it doesn't do significantly more than the PS4 to warrant such a sluggish buggy UI. It's especially not anything to do with the snapping feature! :p

I find it neither buggy or sluggish, so can't comment on that.

Maybe "in depth" is the wrong term, but there are more things you can do with the XO, so to me it makes sense that there needs to be more options/screens to access.

Soldato
Interesting to see Sony continuing to sell off anything not nailed down ;)

Sony has sold its online gaming division Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). SOE has been making games since the late '90s, and is probably most famous for developing the EverQuest series. Most of its games have been released for both Windows and Sony platforms, but as a result of the acquisition it'll apparently be bringing future titles to Xbox and mobile platforms as well. The buyer? A relatively unknown investment firm called Columbus Nova.

Not sure anyone cares much about SOE these days but it could be good news for XO titles in the future.

KTka7PO.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I was on most night last week, whats so hard for you to believe?

Plus I don't have abuggey or sluggish system either, so not sure whats going on there, with all the updates things have only been getting quicker for me.

Nothing, I quite believe you.

Preferential treatment for Bill Gates love child clearly :p

I was also on most nights last week and there was small issues with friends list not loading, party chat issues and so on. Nothing major but there was small issues. The UI is sluggish in comparison to the 360 or PS4 and when instant on is enable it can crash on occasion or apps refuse to open and a restart is required. A quick Google search also confirm this is quite common so your just lucky I guess.

Soldato
Ah the Sony fanboy with his constant issues with XB1 and Live......

I must be another lucky one, our group play Fifa Clubs every night more or less and we have had no issues with live or party chat.

Soldato
There was a couple of nights last week where people were having trouble with Xbox Live. I was one of them, and a quick check of the @XboxSupport twitter feed confirmed I wasn't the only one. Restarting the console (hold the power button for 10 seconds until the console switches off, then power back on) fixed it on both occasions for me. It seems to be a bug, maybe related to updates server-side or something?

Soldato
Ah the Sony fanboy with his constant issues with XB1 and Live......

I must be another lucky one, our group play Fifa Clubs every night more or less and we have had no issues with live or party chat.

Can't help but comment here but did you not constantly bash psn recently, saying stuff like "I'm selling my ps4, no point keeping it when I prefer online gaming". you call other people fanboys but you must be one yourself, all you did was post negative comments in the ps4 thread;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't help but comment here but did you not constantly bash psn recently, saying stuff like "I'm selling my ps4, no point keeping it when I prefer online gaming". you call other people fanboys but you must be one yourself, all you did was post negative comments in the ps4 thread;)

And I did sell it.

Back
Top Bottom