*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
With these sales that MS do I wish they would just put up the actual ****ing values of what the games are/were instead of some ******** arbitrary % figure.

Just tell me the cost of the god damn game.

:mad:

Soldato
With these sales that MS do I wish they would just put up the actual ****ing values of what the games are/were instead of some ******** arbitrary % figure.

Just tell me the cost of the god damn game.

:mad:

60% off sounds better than £23.99 for a retail game that you can have for cheaper. It's obviously aimed at impulse buyers.

Caporegime
60% off sounds better than £23.99 for a retail game that you can have for cheaper. It's obviously aimed at impulse buyers.

More to do with the fact that they can have a single page with the discounts which then links to your local store in your currency. Makes it easier for them now they scrapped Microsoft points.

Soldato
I bought Shadow of Mordor off the MM a few months ago for £27~. Sold it a few weeks later for £20~. You just can't beat that kind of value.

If Microsoft had got their digital trade-in idea implemented then it would have thrown a major curveball at my buying decisions. Until they do I'll stick to resellable media.

+1! I honestly don't see why people will pay so much for digital games when they can't sell them afterwards. It makes no sense to me.

Associate
Thats just you, makes perfect sense to me, I don't have 20+ cases and disks to look for when I want to play something, keep away from little hands, the wife to moan about so I buy digital.

Convenience.

And you never pay the £50+ prices anyway, sales like this one, the Christmas one, other Gold discounts and various wed sites that sell legitimate keys offer the games at much lower prices.

The only argument with physical v digital now is the sell on or sharing, and that I really don't care about, I buy games that I will play at some point as life/children dictate my Xbox time.

Associate
Yep, can't remember the last time I traded a console game in.

No shelves full of boxes and discs that young kids can get hold of is a plus, as is not having to go find a disc for a game when you swap between games. Just one voice command and you swap to it.

Prices are the only downside really, but if you wait a bit they end up on sale.

Associate
im digital all the way now on xbox one because its just cheaper

i do the game share with my mate and over xmas we picked up a silly amount of game cheap example mordor and tomb raider for a tenner each .

now i f i was to buy a physical mordor at 30 quid and only got 15 trade back for it my initial outlay is 15 pound lost to play the game now i have it there on my hard drive for ever and the outlay is only 10 .

Back
Top Bottom