*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
I think it's time to sell off Destiny, I just don't have the time to dedicate to that game anymore. Shame really.

I did sink 7hrs into AC:Unity the other day and I have to say, what a game!

Caporegime
I think it's time to sell off Destiny, I just don't have the time to dedicate to that game anymore. Shame really.

I did sink 7hrs into AC:Unity the other day and I have to say, what a game!

Cant say I blame you mate, my brother out in Australia who i would play with ie strikes and a few raids hasnt played it for a few mths now. He has become very bored with it, basically said the grinding of bounties to level weapons and armour just did his head in lol.

Tbh I kinda know how he feels as sometimes its pretty taxing doing the same stupid bounties over and over again. I dont mind the daily, weekly and nightfall missions but even then sometimes I get pretty tired of it. But for some odd reason this is the only game I play on the xbox one. I have Unity but I just cant be bothered to play it, only played the first bit where you chase that fellow around the market lol.

Anyhow on another note, I finally bought a new headset today...had some credit from the purple shop so went there today and ordered the turtle beach stealth 500x wireless headset, they are selling it for £180 which is the cheapest I could find unless my google skills are lacking. But meh hopefully have it by tomo or early next week. Seems like a decent headset, could have waited for the 800x but looking at the price??, not something I would want to spend £250 on tbh even its probably better.

Soldato
Is that a worthy investment Yas? They are 118 pounds over here.
Looking to pick the Xbox back up and start a couple games, but the sound is usually pretty important!
Also any particular games I should look into? Seen a lot about Destiny....

Caporegime
Is that a worthy investment Yas? They are 118 pounds over here.
Looking to pick the Xbox back up and start a couple games, but the sound is usually pretty important!
Also any particular games I should look into? Seen a lot about Destiny....

Not sure mate as I haven't received them, I'm hoping I get them tomo and once I've had a few hrs of using them then I can give my honest opinion of them. I've read a few reviews and from what people are saying, it seems a pretty decent headset. For 118 pounds that's a bloody good price lol, could have had my bro send one to me from Canada but I desperately need a headset.

Destiny is an immense game, yes it's tiring once you finish off the story mode but it keeps me entertained. You can pick it up cheap now, paid 20 quid for mine back in Feb. One thing I will say, it does take a lot of investment time wise, also the new dlc will be out soon so that should make it slightly more better I think. It really is the only game I play at the moment tbf.

I'll report back once I've had a chance to use the headset, for 180 quid it better be worth it otherwise I'll send them back for a refund and get something else. But I like the fact that they are wireless.

Caporegime
So an update regarding my turtle beach stealth 500x cans, they didnt get delivered yesterday as I was hoping but will be delivered now on Monday.

Only thing is, is that Ive already picked up a pair from the local purple shop where they were being sold for £120...at first I didnt believe my eyes when i saw it online as the other place I paid £180 but £50 in credit I had saved up. So ended up buying them for £120, bargain if you ask me...ill wait till the headphones arrive from the other place and will take it back for a refund at the store.

Had a quick play with them last night, at first I wasnt getting any sound in the headphones themselves so re-connected everything and voila it worked. Gotta say the sound is pretty nice on them especially on Destiny where now im hearing sounds that werent there when I was playing the game through my TV speakers or the official wired xbox headset. Everything just seems so alive and different, guess it will take me some time getting used to the surround sound.

Few times it scared me with the booming explosions lol but I like them, just cant hear if anyone is calling you though...they are that good at noise cancelling.

Highly recommended at £120 for essentially a £200 pair of gaming headset, wireless is a god send although my only gripe is that the usb charging cable isnt long enough but then from reviews, it looks like people are getting around 11-12hrs use out of them.

Off to play some more destiny with my new headset:p

Associate
So an update regarding my turtle beach stealth 500x cans, they didnt get delivered yesterday as I was hoping but will be delivered now on Monday.

Only thing is, is that Ive already picked up a pair from the local purple shop where they were being sold for £120...at first I didnt believe my eyes when i saw it online as the other place I paid £180 but £50 in credit I had saved up. So ended up buying them for £120, bargain if you ask me...ill wait till the headphones arrive from the other place and will take it back for a refund at the store.

Had a quick play with them last night, at first I wasnt getting any sound in the headphones themselves so re-connected everything and voila it worked. Gotta say the sound is pretty nice on them especially on Destiny where now im hearing sounds that werent there when I was playing the game through my TV speakers or the official wired xbox headset. Everything just seems so alive and different, guess it will take me some time getting used to the surround sound.

Few times it scared me with the booming explosions lol but I like them, just cant hear if anyone is calling you though...they are that good at noise cancelling.

Highly recommended at £120 for essentially a £200 pair of gaming headset, wireless is a god send although my only gripe is that the usb charging cable isnt long enough but then from reviews, it looks like people are getting around 11-12hrs use out of them.

Off to play some more destiny with my new headset:p

I've got the official xbox headset, which I thought were pretty decent until you mentioned these.... Do you think they're worth the price? Are they wireless from the controller?

Caporegime
I've got the official xbox headset, which I thought were pretty decent until you mentioned these.... Do you think they're worth the price? Are they wireless from the controller?

Yes been using them for the past couple of nights and I have to say hand on heart these headphones are absolutely amazing. Really has brought out Destiny in its own way, you just hear sounds that you never heard before especially if using the xbox headset. They are very loud, louder than I thought they would be as reading a few reviews, some people were saying that they weren't that loud. The surround sound coupled with the various game modes really bring sounds alive. I also love the mic monitoring bit, now you can make sure you aren't shouting lol.

And yes they are completely wireless from the game pad, it connects via a little hub that connects to your USB port and sp/dif port. Also the mic part is removable and using a 3.5mm lead you can connect to your mobile phone or tablet to receive incoming calls or get text notifications.

For me, definitely the best £120 I have spent in a long long time.

Soldato
Has anyone used the miracast option yet? I can't seem to get it to stream to my PC, all setup on the Xbox side but I can't seem to get my PC to find the Xbox?

PC needs to be on wireless with a compatible wireless NIC if that helps? I spent ages trying to get it to work before finding this jem out :o

Also sounds like you might be a bit confused, this is to mirror stuff like videos, pictures FROM your PC, not vice versa.

Game streaming from XO to the PC comes later around the actual W10 launch.

Soldato
Do anyone know if The Elder Scrolls Online will have a digital version on Xbox One?

Can't find jack online :/

I would imagine so.

It's less than a month and no word out yet, PS have it on their store, just not Xbox.

All Xbone titles are available digitally. I read that the game won't fit completely on disc anyway. You need to download a 20GB patch (presumably as well as the 50GB disc files.)

That's what I thought and yes, I've read about the day one patch, so I'm fully expecting a 60GB download, just a matter of when can I buy it. Just making sure I can buy digitally to share with my missus (2 Xbox at home just for TES:O!) vs buying 2 physical discs.

It don't help when TES:O website do not mention it. No direct info from them either.

Soldato
PC needs to be on wireless with a compatible wireless NIC if that helps? I spent ages trying to get it to work before finding this jem out :o

My W8.1 Tablet cannot do the Mirror Function with the Xbox One, despite being OK at casting videos via apps, trying to Mirror screen don't work. Extending screen works though.

That tablet do not have Miracast function in the wireless though. Maybe that's the info I've been missing.

Caporegime
It don't help when TES:O website do not mention it. No direct info from them either.

Yeah, you're right there. Even the Xbox website says "buy from retailer" rather than store.

It's definitely up on the PlayStation store to buy digitally so Xbox should be following suit soon. There are two versions - Tamriel Unlimited for £54.99 and Imperial Edition for £69.99.

Back
Top Bottom