*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Can someone explain why "Xbox On" is a useful feature?

The fact that you still have to hold the guide button to turn the controller on totally defeats the point of it!!

Come home from work, walk in, Xbox On, turns on everything ( Tv, Amp, Cable) as I walk back out of the room make a cup of tea, come back in, it sitting waiting as I pick up the controller and play TitanFall.

I now don't even have to look at any thing to switch all of them on.

That and if you're doing anything other than playing a game you can do it with voice. "Xbox Skype fred", Xbox TV, volume up/down. xbox bluray, fast forward, pause, mute etc.

Come home from work, walk in, Xbox On, turns on everything ( Tv, Amp, Cable) as I walk back out of the room make a cup of tea, come back in, it sitting waiting as I pick up the controller and play TitanFall.

I now don't even have to look at any thing to switch all of them on.

But it takes about 5-10 seconds for everything to turn on... so it's barely any different than just picking the pad up (which you have to anyway) and pressing the guide button. :o

That and if you're doing anything other than playing a game you can do it with voice. "Xbox Skype fred", Xbox TV, volume up/down. xbox bluray, fast forward, pause, mute etc.

Yeah i'm fine with that, that's what I do - it's purely just the turning on that seems utterly redundant when the controller doesn't automatically turn on also.

Umm come in...find tv remote, turn on, find amp remote, turn on, Cable remote, turn on.
Cant do anything else whilst im doing that, then find controller, wait fir it to poser up then turn on the console.

Walk in..not even look at it all, Xbox On.

Controller only active when in the hand, nice long battery life. And if you have the controller in the hand it usually means your sitting down to use it for a period.
Ive managed to guide my way through the market place and get downloads going without looking for the controller etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone done this region changing thing recently, I'm tempted for Ryse.

I tried it today on the xbox.com site, let me purchase using my PayPal and I apparently had $7.50 in there already *shrugs*. Booted up X1 which is set to UK and game was available to install.

I tried it today on the xbox.com site, let me purchase using my PayPal and I apparently had $7.50 in there already *shrugs*. Booted up X1 which is set to UK and game was available to install.

What did you do on the Xbox One site exactly? Did you need US billing address too?

Just change the region in account settings to US then go to the xbox store online.

You will need to type a US billing address when adding a payment type. I linked my PayPal rather than a CC though.

Didn't Microsoft state that they would ban people who swap regions to take advantage of the cheaper USA prices?

I think they should match prices regardless.

Is there a financial reason on MS's part for the difference? The reason may be obvious, apologies if so!

I mainly use my Xbox One to watch Twitch. I play BF4 as well when I fancy, but the Twitch app is awesome and beats the hell out of my Smart TV's browser. :)

Oh FFS I forgot the Xbone had the Twitch app. I use it all the time for Youtube (I love watching NGT Custom Zombies with Spider, Hyper & Suley "Oh HI"), but switch to my laptop for Twitch...

For some reason I thought it wasn't available, I now realise it is the streaming from console that isn't available.

Major derp/facepalm here!

Just change the region in account settings to US then go to the xbox store online.

You will need to type a US billing address when adding a payment type. I linked my PayPal rather than a CC though.

If you use paypal they convert the money for you and you are charged in £ so no banking fees too. Microsoft officially said you can buy from theu sa at lower prices in the UK and they promise they will never ban anyone for doing it. Google the announcement.

This one you mean?
Microsoft’s commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 48 million Xbox Live members remains a top priority. We can confirm that attempting to exploit Xbox Live for financial gain – for instance, intentionally using false or deceptive information to create an account for the sole purpose of accessing content you would otherwise have to pay for – is fraudulent activity and a violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use. However, we do not comment publicly on individual cases.
That was the PR statement made last September as part of the Oman ban sweep...

ps3ud0 :cool:

for the sole purpose of accessing content you would otherwise have to pay for

That was to do with people getting free games on 360. This isn't piracy your buying a region free game direct from MS.

"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family," he continued before slyly adding "Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards..."

Considering that statement from Albert Panello on NeoGAF Im not sure how much Id rely on that to cover you...

If you look at bit earlier in the quote you took from mine, its obvious thats just an example - I dont know how changing your home region and address back and forth wouldnt be considered
attempting to exploit Xbox Live for financial gain...is fraudulent activity and a violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use.
:confused:

EDIT: In that same Neogaf thread the AP post is taken from he says this:
Nothing I do here is "cleared" by PR. I'm lucky enough to be a position to choose to do this. I am, however, respectful of the organization and try not to create work for them. So, as was posted above, I don't comment on rumors or things I know we're not talking about. That's just courtesy to the team. And I do ask sometimes for clarity on topics we've disclosed. But these posts are mine and mine alone.

To put this out there - I WILL be doing "official PR" at Gamescom next week. You'll probably see interviews and stuff, and that's all "on the record" PR. By the way, if anyone is at Gamescom come to the booth and say hi. I'd love to meet you guys in person. Even the people that don't like us.
I wouldnt consider that an official MS statement though the press ran with it (remember it was a discussion on importing XOs to unsupported Xbox Live countries at launch, the UK has a Xbox marketplace so theres little reasoning to flip-flop from that in that given context)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if games purchased digitally on the Xbox one are playable regardless of the user signed in?

For example, as I haven't another account to sign in and check. I purchased BF4 digitally and installed it on my Xbox. Can a friend that comes over sign in to his account and play BF4 online, or will it be locked to my account as this was where the purchase was made?

I assume the latter, but can't find any definitive information on it.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom