*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Has anybody else got an e mail saying they've been selected to preview future updates for the xbox one?

If it's anything like the Xbox 360 betas, don't do it. I signed up to them and usually ended up regretting it, although that was largely down to having to download updates every other time I turned the console on (presumably not necessary now). They don't pay attention to your feedback either unless it's some huge issue, I complained various times about some quite obvious audio interference that occurs on the dashboard and it was never acknowledged.

If it's anything like the Xbox 360 betas, don't do it. I signed up to them and usually ended up regretting it, although that was largely down to having to download updates every other time I turned the console on (presumably not necessary now). They don't pay attention to your feedback either unless it's some huge issue, I complained various times about some quite obvious audio interference that occurs on the dashboard and it was never acknowledged.

Well it seems I won't be able to party up with people who don't have the update so I think I may give it a miss. Though it would be nice to not hear gays like Wyrdo and Phil :p

I signed up to every single Xbox 360 advanced preview going, got on them all and never had a single issue with any of them and can't say I noticed it updating a lot. I would sign up to one on the new Xbox in a heartbeat.

tf1.jpg

Pretty nice looking thing! Although £75 is a bit steep for me! Just paid £45 for one new boring regular black one with a charge and play pack. :P

I signed up to every single Xbox 360 advanced preview going, got on them all and never had a single issue with any of them and can't say I noticed it updating a lot. I would sign up to one on the new Xbox in a heartbeat.

The most recent one was the worst, really. Forcing people who'd signed up to the beta over to local currency early, then over-charging them (with the promise of a refund at a later date) whilst being unable to buy anything via the Xbox website was a fairly substantial issue, I'd say. Quite a lot of updates for that one, too.

Pretty nice looking thing! Although £75 is a bit steep for me! Just paid £45 for one new boring regular black one with a charge and play pack. :P

They're £75!! Bloody hell, I could pick one up here for under $75 CAD. I'm moving back in a month, I don't even have an Xbox One here but I might buy one and bring it back with me.

Then again I don't actually plan on getting Titanfall, but the controller is nice.

Are games region free?

EDIT: Just checked and it's £54.99 at GAME - http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-titanfall-wireless-controller-only-at-game-282116

They're £75!! Bloody hell, I could pick one up here for under $75 CAD. I'm moving back in a month, I don't even have an Xbox One here but I might buy one and bring it back with me.

Then again I don't actually plan on getting Titanfall, but the controller is nice.

Are games region free?

EDIT: Just checked and it's £54.99 at GAME - http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-titanfall-wireless-controller-only-at-game-282116

Yeah they are retail price of £54.99 but they have been sold out for a while (or u get a month later), so the shops that do have them are selling at a premium. That was fine me as I wanted a working controller :)

Can't wait to get my Titanfall controller.

Soulja, can you refer people for the beta in the email you got?

I'm interested in trying it out as I want to find out if dd over optical out is fixed.

How are the x1's doing in terms of bugs and niggles? I see the ps4 has its fair share of things needing ironed out. Was gonna get a ps4 first, but might wait till it's working better and just get an x1 soon.

I have experienced no actual bugs or issues, the ONLY remaining thing I have is still with Party chat, and having to restart the machine to get the mic working in a private chat.Everything actually works fine, and the new March update should sort a few things out again.

(Edit - though this was the bf4 thread..read in context :D )

Been very good past month or so for me.

Maybe 1/10 games I get some rubber banding, same again I sometimes get an issue where once a round is finished, the next map wont load up (cue restart of bf4)

Other than that, no major problems.

(echoing cu3ed's comment on the party chat thing too)

That's not too bad then. Thought they might of done a limited edition titanfall console, but the more I thought about it, the less likely it seems since they released the controller. Which looks amazing!

Cheers guys!

Back
Top Bottom