*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Just realised, what ever games they add to the BC, automatically syncs to your Live account as the game that you played in the past on the 360, and it says "ready to install" all you have to do is put the original disc in ( if you still have it) and it downloads.

It will be handy for drinking and playing Bomberman on XBLA with mates :)

Eventually.

Soldato
Just realised, what ever games they add to the BC, automatically syncs to your Live account as the game that you played in the past on the 360, and it says "ready to install" all you have to do is put the original disc in ( if you still have it) and it downloads.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Now is that why Borderlands wasn't released on this gen? Also, looking at the background images, I see Fable, I see Reach! Let's hope they BC more games than they did with Xbox -> 360.

Soldato
Im guessing its all the preview stuff, is you network decent...mines really basic, I havnt tried it at all as I don't want to use the Dev preview for windows.

To be fair, the windows 10 preview is pretty solid for me at the minute Having far less issues with it than i did with windows 7 and it's laid out a hell of a lot better than windows 8.

Network should be fine, it was all wired with xbox ports forwarded.

Soldato
Just tried streaming, works fantastically well for me considering both platforms are effectively still BETA.

XO is connected wirelessly to an AC router, Windows 10 (a little Celeron BRIX system which I didn't think would handle the video encoding) is wired to the router.

Forza Horizon 2 loaded straight up, played it fine with a wireless x360 controller, rumble as well. Only thing that didn't work is the guide button isn't mimicked which is weird, so had to use the mouse to select that from a toolbar. Had my XO pad turned on though next to me which I had taken upstairs and that continued to rumble at the same time as the other pad which is funny.

Bandwidth seemed to max out at around 16mbps at the highest setting, plus I could snap the window and have something else running at the same time :D

As with PS remote play or PS Now you can tell it's a video stream as there is a bit of artifact, but I'd say it's slightly better than the Sony solution.

xo_stream.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just tried streaming, works fantastically well for me considering both platforms are effectively still BETA.

XO is connected wirelessly to an AC router, Windows 10 (a little Celeron BRIX system which I didn't think would handle the video encoding) is wired to the router.

Forza Horizon 2 loaded straight up, played it fine with a wireless x360 controller, rumble as well. Only thing that didn't work is the guide button isn't mimicked which is weird, so had to use the mouse to select that from a toolbar. Had my XO pad turned on though next to me which I had taken upstairs and that continued to rumble at the same time as the other pad which is funny.

Bandwidth seemed to max out at around 16mbps at the highest setting, plus I could snap the window and have something else running at the same time :D

As with PS remote play or PS Now you can tell it's a video stream as there is a bit of artifact, but I'd say it's slightly better than the Sony solution.

xo_stream.jpg

thanks for the update ! It looks great and I simply can not wait! I wonder what can be done local infrastructure to improve the experience apart from network? e.g. I wonder if graphics cards make a difference etc

Associate
well this e3 was as close to getting what i want lol

if modern warfare the original gets bc and the servers are fixed i guarentee that game will quickly become number 1 again in downloaded games,games played online etc etc

just hoping they do something with the servers as its unplayable now on 360 due to all the modders and hacks

Soldato
I don't see the hardware on the receiving system having any real impact at all. There will be a minimum requirement but performance between a £300 laptop and a 2k pc would be negligable for this unless I've completely missed something.

Soldato
well this e3 was as close to getting what i want lol

if modern warfare the original gets bc and the servers are fixed i guarentee that game will quickly become number 1 again in downloaded games,games played online etc etc

just hoping they do something with the servers as its unplayable now on 360 due to all the modders and hacks

Still games on PC but fewer folk are playing it all the time and its really the hardcore on pc.

Doubt it would be that big with bc.

Caporegime
thanks for the update ! It looks great and I simply can not wait! I wonder what can be done local infrastructure to improve the experience apart from network? e.g. I wonder if graphics cards make a difference etc

Very much doubt graphics cards will make a big difference, it's just streaming a video, the console is doing all the work.

Associate
Still games on PC but fewer folk are playing it all the time and its really the hardcore on pc.

Doubt it would be that big with bc.

Don't be so sure on its popularity! lol the mess of the last few have made people want the older cods back for the simpleness and gameplay

so far over on xbox feedback they are voting for games they want done and the guy over at xbox said they would be using that list as part of their picking process.

at the moment top three are
1. blops 2
2. red dead redemption
3 modern warfare

Soldato
Hey,

Never took the plunge in this gen when it came out, and I've still got my Xbox 360 Gears of War edition (boxed with everything, all original packaging).

So I'm thinking about getting an Xbox One what should I go for? Is Kinect dead? I've read its flopped but didn't know if it was worth getting it with a new console. What console should I go for? Is 500GB enough or will I be screaming for not getting the 1TB model? Should I sell my 360?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom