*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Xbox Live Gold codes still region free?
Live in the US now and my sub runs out in about a month. I don't want to change my account to a US one. on CDKeys in says the region is worldwide, http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360 so just wondering if anyone has any experience of this

Yes, it'll work fine. I live in Australia now, even changed my account to be an aussie one and I've used cdkeys to renew twice. Last one was last month.

Soldato
I got an invite even though I hadn't requested one. Tempted now even thought the backwards compatibility list is pretty sparse at the moment.

"Welcome to the Xbox Preview program! To register your console(s), open this message on your Xbox One, install the Xbox Preview Dashboard by selecting 'Launch app', and then 'Get it FREE' from the app details page."

Soldato
The old preview registration app worked for me, i re-joined the preview last night, just waiting on a system update now.

I'm going to download all 360 GWG games i fancy trying out from now on, if they will eventually be playable on XB1.

Soldato
Remember, the preview program will always have bugs, you are guinea pigs a month ahead of all standard users. Your experience may vary but since joining last year, I had more crashes, but I put it down to the DP role. You can turn it off at any point via the app though.

Soldato
I'm hoping there are less bugs and less crashes than there were when the preview started.

That's what caused me to quit the preview last time, i'll see how it goes this time around.

Soldato
My issues happen from Destiny (probably game's fault), occasional Netflix browsing / home switching, and Beta games / switching / snapping. I also got on two occasion, the wiress hardware cannot be found problem (one just happened last week). All took a hard reset to get it running in order again.

Soldato
I was in the early access program but stopped using it when there was issues playing with friends who were on a different firmware version. I was tempted to go back in but after thinking about it the backwards compatible thing isn't really much use as I still have a 360 and not all games work on it so I'm bound to want to play one that isn't supported.

Back
Top Bottom