*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Hey,

Never took the plunge in this gen when it came out, and I've still got my Xbox 360 Gears of War edition (boxed with everything, all original packaging).

So I'm thinking about getting an Xbox One what should I go for? Is Kinect dead? I've read its flopped but didn't know if it was worth getting it with a new console. What console should I go for? Is 500GB enough or will I be screaming for not getting the 1TB model? Should I sell my 360?

Cheers.

I kept my 360 due to the back catalogue of games I've yet to play, even with backwards compatibility, you'll need to keep disc, so why not keep the console too when it's only going to fetch like £40ish.

Get the 1TB if you can afford it, otherwise, the 500GB is fine but over time, invest in a decent USB3 1TB portable drive like I did, suddenly I got a load more space (but quickly filling up with my digital download, especially with BC games)

Kinect is dead-ish for gaming. (apart from Aliens Isolation, but who the heck turns it on to make gaming harder???! My missus did, and I just shout when the alien is close by :p)

As a tool for an added value / experience, it is definitely my favour, but I do use my Xbox as an entertainment hub in the living room.

Is your Xbox plugged into your main entertainment system? If so, then it's more useful. If it's a spare room / game room setup, it'll be mostly dead weight apart from party invite, snapping and launches, maybe search via Bing too.

I use mine with the TV dongle (works fine with Sky / Virgin too), watching, changing channels, volume, play, pause, forward, rewind, the basics from a remote all via command whilst my fingers covered in KFC grease.

Turning on and off everything connected (TV / Xbox / Sound System) via command.

Bing search for games in market, IE browsing and music.

Hope Corntana makes it a little more natural rather that having to go "Xbox", I swear my Chinchillas think their name is Xbox as I use that more often in front of them than calling them by their names!

Associate
Hey,

Never took the plunge in this gen when it came out, and I've still got my Xbox 360 Gears of War edition (boxed with everything, all original packaging).

So I'm thinking about getting an Xbox One what should I go for? Is Kinect dead? I've read its flopped but didn't know if it was worth getting it with a new console. What console should I go for? Is 500GB enough or will I be screaming for not getting the 1TB model? Should I sell my 360?

Cheers.

Get the 1TB version, its SO easy to fill up the 500Gb drive with a few game installs especially if you are buying digital downloads and don't want to have to delete them and re-download them again at a later date.

As for kinect, don't bother with it, I have it and only use it for the very basic features like turning off and on the console and capturing in-game video clips, it can do a lot more with voice recognition but its still somewhat temperamental IMHO so I don't bother.

Soldato
Kinect is well worth it for the voice commands, and with Cortana coming to Xbox One with Windows 10 I think there's even more reason to get the Kinect.

What does everyone think of the new UI that's coming? I'm not sure I like it that much, but if it's quicker that's really all I care about right now.

Associate
anyone have a link to the new u.i

i did like using kinnect until my two sons both got xbox ones and tbh we have all disabled them now because each xbox can hear others commands and it got as mad as hell lol

Soldato
Just noticed Recore got announced as an X1 exclusive - looks a little "destiny"ish with a twist. Not sure how I managed to miss this completely.

Legendary creator Keiji Inafune (known for the Mega Man series and the upcoming Mighty No. 9) and his staff at comcept Inc. has teamed up with Armature Studio (the developers behind the Metroid Prime saga) and Microsoft Studios for ReCore, a new original adventure developed for Xbox One. ReCore blends innovative action-adventure gameplay with incredible visuals, a unique art style, and an emotionally engaging story.

As one of the last remaining humans on a planet controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction, you must forge friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers. You’ll lead this band of unlikely heroes on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world.

Soldato
Did MS say arcade games are included in the BC update? If so please please please let me play battlefield 1943 again :)
Arcade cames are included - look at their catalogue, arcade is in it from their direct published list:
A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo
Mass Effect
N+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
Zuma

I was excited when I heard about BC....but when I read it was only for whichever titles MS select then my excitement died a bit :(

In their words, they have said all games available digitally on Xbox 360 are technically available, they just need licencing for it to do so, publisher don't even need to lift a finger.

I've been voting for the likes of Skyrim to be published next on here:
http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

Back
Top Bottom