*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Don't you have your Xbox in instant on mode? Been in the preview program from the beginning and don't remember having to wait for any updates

I have my Xbox hooked up with a lot of other stuff in my man den, so if know not going to be going in there for a day or so I tend to turn it off at the wall. I really should re-wire some stuff to the other socket but I'm too lazy!

Soldato
My power supply buzzes when on instant on. I even had itvreplaced but the new one is the same.

It will be the fan inside, there are a couple of different designs of XO PSU. The one I bought to replace my silent Day 1 original which was faulty is the crappy one, basically the fan makes a noise due to the air pressure when it's placed flat against a surface (in this case mounted to the air flow shroud inside the block). Move the fan a few mm away and it's silent again.

I ended up taking the top half of the case off and running it without a fan at all :p

(note - do not do this!)

Soldato
So many people wanting to get in the preview programme for backwards compatibility despite the fact that the games available are mostly a load of crap :p
On the plus side you'll now get the new dashboard before other people :cool:

Soldato
It will be the fan inside, there are a couple of different designs of XO PSU. The one I bought to replace my silent Day 1 original which was faulty is the crappy one, basically the fan makes a noise due to the air pressure when it's placed flat against a surface (in this case mounted to the air flow shroud inside the block). Move the fan a few mm away and it's silent again.

I ended up taking the top half of the case off and running it without a fan at all :p

(note - do not do this!)

Ok cheers. I shall dismantle it tomorrow and see about making it quieter or using a better fan....

Associate
I am using

Sky+ hd box ( Amstrad DRX 890-R )

Panasonic TX-50AS520b

For some reason I can not get sky to display a picture from a programme but will display content from the one guide. I will get a display of the sky start up screen from cold boot. According to one of my friends displayed on his friends list I am watching TV. I have tried different hdmi cables, set sky to 720p and ticked the 50hz option in Xbox settings but still no joy.

Also I am not able to play any of my film content using Xbox video or play any blurays and dvds due a persistent HDCP error 0x91d7000a. My TV is supposed to be hdcp compliant and is only a year old.

I have tried new hdmi cables, only having the Xbox connected and tried either hdmi port on my TV, cold reboots, setting different power options, uninstalling apps and even restoring after a lengthy phone call with Xbox support and put the blame on the TV. I also get the same hdcp error when connected to my monitor.

No replies on Xbox forums so anyone have suggestions? Xbox faulty or are some splitters worth trying.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am using

Sky+ hd box ( Amstrad DRX 890-R )

Panasonic TX-50AS520b

For some reason I can not get sky to display a picture from a programme but will display content from the one guide. I will get a display of the sky start up screen from cold boot. According to one of my friends displayed on his friends list I am watching TV. I have tried different hdmi cables, set sky to 720p and ticked the 50hz option in Xbox settings but still no joy.

Also I am not able to play any of my film content using Xbox video or play any blurays and dvds due a persistent HDCP error 0x91d7000a. My TV is supposed to be hdcp compliant and is only a year old.

I have tried new hdmi cables, only having the Xbox connected and tried either hdmi port on my TV, cold reboots, setting different power options, uninstalling apps and even restoring after a lengthy phone call with Xbox support and put the blame on the TV. I also get the same hdcp error when connected to my monitor.

No replies on Xbox forums so anyone have suggestions? Xbox faulty or are some splitters worth trying.

Can you get access to or borrow another XBox to test it?

Soldato
I think there should be a separate thread for preview programme requests.

Barely check this thread now due to the lack of actual games chat.

Totally agreed.

Have made a simple thread for anyone interested to drop their GT in. Anyone on the program willing to help invite them in please follow the thread.

Anyone who've dropped their names here and not had any confirmation of an invite, drop you name in the new thread.

Soldato
Getting the new dashboard early was the main reason I got myself invited to the preview programme.

The current dashboard is pretty horrible..

I agree. The current dashboard is supposed to be pretty good with Kinect as it was designed for it. But with a pad it's horrible to navigate.

The new dashboard looks like it'll pretty easy to navigate and it may make me like the Xbone a bit more.

Soldato
If you're in the preview programme make sure you actually send feedback if things don't work, and check out the quests and surveys every now and again at the very least. That's what the programme is for, not just so you can get things early.

Back
Top Bottom