*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
My xbox one's hard drive is full. can anyone pls recommend an external hard drive that will work on the xbox one?

Will there be any problems with an external hard drive?

Any USB 3 drive 256GB or more will work. The drive shows as an extra drive in settings and you can set it to be your default install drive.

Soldato
does anyone know if you buy a digital game download code from Amazon US site, will the download code work when I type it into my UK Xbox One? I assume so but thought i'd ask in case anyone's done it?

Soldato
You can also redeem it on xbox.com and it will start downloading next time you start up your console.

Not sure what EU prices are like but Amazon.de are doing €35 euro xbox live credit for €30

Caporegime
Is there much of a performance difference with the SSHD? Also is it only the Elite version that has a SSHD (opposed to the over 1Tb models)?

well when i used a SSHD in the ps4 it launched me into the tower in destiny 4-6 seconds faster than others in my fireteam.

i also loaded into bf4 faster than anyone else so i had my choice of which tank to get into or heli, etc. a lot of people will say 4 seconds is nothing and negligible but it's still 4 seconds and faster than stock. when i used to play bf4 i thought it was the best thing ever. it was no longer a lottery whether i got a vehicle or not i was guaranteed one at the start of every game. that was enough to convince me it's worth it.

it's up to you to decide whether you want the extra space a 1tb elite console offers and the extra small boost in speed the internal sshd offers. the controller is fantastic albeit i only use 2 paddles. the 2 lower down paddles just get in the way so i have removed them.

if you want the elite controller then it's probably worth getting the elite console.

Soldato
does anyone know if you buy a digital game download code from Amazon US site, will the download code work when I type it into my UK Xbox One? I assume so but thought i'd ask in case anyone's done it?

I usually buy US gift cards on Amazon.com and then redeem via Xbox.com (with region changed to US) - then you just buy the game on the website and it will show in your 'ready to install' list on your console.

Soldato
I usually buy US gift cards on Amazon.com and then redeem via Xbox.com (with region changed to US) - then you just buy the game on the website and it will show in your 'ready to install' list on your console.

good plan, thanks. I won a competition for $50 amazon and wondered the best way of spending, I think with the fact the US Xbox store is cheaper than UK (and cheaper than Amazon's digital game prices) I think that's a winner :D

Back
Top Bottom