*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Has anyone considered or has already sold their xbox as a lot of the exclusives will be playable on PC?

I haven't played my Xbone in a while and already have a PS4. Now they will be making a lot of games cross play is there much of a reason to keep my xbone?

If it's a cross play game can you play against people on Xbone? I assuming if you can you are forced to use an official controller (which is the way it should be)?

Not sure I would sell my Xbox but I have been really leaning towards skipping the Scorpio and investing in my PC (maybe VR).

Soldato
Has anyone replaced the optical drive in their Xbox One? Mine is doing the apparently fairly common thing whereby it won't read a disc unless you "hold" it for a second as it pulls the disc in. If I do this, I have no problems.

I've read about changing the drives and the fact that you have to swap over the controller board from your existing drive, but I want to know how actually feasible it is that it'll work afterwards.

Soldato
Check out this list of Cross Buy, Cross Play and Cross Save https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_games_on_Windows_10

Interesting that RE7 on that list as a non-MS published game being available for all three. I wonder if others will follow suit on the bigger releases.

Personally I don't have a PC so I have no intention of ditching my Xbox One.

I wouldn't imagine you'd be forced to use a controller but I could be wrong!

I have a fairly decent PC so it could play all the current games. It's more about what the future of Live Games on Windows looks like. If all their exclusives will be available on PC then I don't really see any need for an Xbone.

Associate
pcfarrar;30484989 said:
Kodi coming soon to Xbone/Win 10 as a UWP. :)

Good luck to all the people installing this for free *cough* illegal IP TV. Pretty sure there will be a rule written into the Xbox Live EULA that you cannot stream illegal material over their network.

Nice way to earn yourself a tidy ban.

Shawrey

Soldato
NeilFawcett;30486728 said:
Fixed ;)

Mind you the new NVidia Shield might prove good competition?!

Always forgetting the "S" lol

I also have the original Shield TV so personally I'm sorted :D although if you have neither I think the Xbox One S is better value with it having a BR player, more powerful and then there's the games. However the Shield TV shines with emulation :)

Soldato
Shawreyboy;30486748 said:
Good luck to all the people installing this for free *cough* illegal IP TV. Pretty sure there will be a rule written into the Xbox Live EULA that you cannot stream illegal material over their network.

Shawrey

Never underestimate the community ;)

Associate
Today, at Microsoft's Windows Developer Day event for the Creators Update, the company announced that the developers of Kodi have been so pleased with the Windows Store that they will be converting it to a full UWP app. This means that it will once again be available on Xbox, or more specifically, the Xbox One.

can't see it including all features, same with running nintendo games on xbox one, app came out then removed it a few weeks later but another method now works instead :D

Permabanned
ShortWarning;30459649 said:
Has anyone considered or has already sold their xbox as a lot of the exclusives will be playable on PC?

I haven't played my Xbone in a while and already have a PS4. Now they will be making a lot of games cross play is there much of a reason to keep my xbone?

If it's a cross play game can you play against people on Xbone? I assuming if you can you are forced to use an official controller (which is the way it should be)?

I did. Sold my XB1 last year and Ive never regretted it . Played Gears,Quantum break,Forza,Dead rising and Fifa on my PC instead with an Elite controller

Soldato

Shawrey

Very much doubt that, with MS adding playback for the like of MKV files very early on, MS know exactly who this is for.

Associate

Shawrey

How would you be streaming anything over xbox live?

Back
Top Bottom