*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
not sure i like the look of that, will probably get it pretty soon on my man cave xbox, i took the one in the living room out of preview.

Guess is the redesign that they said was coming for Xbox One C

Soldato
Meh to the new xbox home. As Plainsong has eluded to, I always feel like there is so much **** on the guide that i don't need nor want. Although they mentioned you can have a true minimalist look if you want it through customisation, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction :) It's also annoying how their guide and xbox always seem so much snappier than mine does :(

Soldato
They will never understand that less is more.
My first impression was that there's a lot less going on compared to my current home screen. Liking the switch to horizontal tabs in the guide too, makes using the bumpers as navigation intuitive within that element.

I think it looks quite promising.

Associate
upcoming dashboard looks to be a massive step back to the current one..... why do they feel like they have to go through a revolution every couple of years and completely change it?

Soldato
Meh to the new xbox home. As Plainsong has eluded to, I always feel like there is so much **** on the guide that i don't need nor want. Although they mentioned you can have a true minimalist look if you want it through customisation, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction :) It's also annoying how their guide and xbox always seem so much snappier than mine does :(

I didn't know that. That could be good.

Firstly I want access to my games, then Bluray, then Netflix and Amazon Video. I don't use the XB1 for anything else. I want to be able to hide the crap that I don't use or want.

My first impression was that there's a lot less going on compared to my current home screen. Liking the switch to horizontal tabs in the guide too, makes using the bumpers as navigation intuitive within that element.

I think it looks quite promising.

Fair enough but I am finding it pretty horrendous now and even if they are taking stuff away it doesn't look enough. As above though the customization sounds like a step in the right direction.

Soldato
Looks dreadful.

Its not as bad as i first thought, you can turn almost everything off and make it really simple.

I am having the normal party chat issues you get with almost every alpha ring update, strange error messages and dropping party connections.
Spent half of my game time last night saying "Party encountered"

LzR

LzR

Associate
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the email address associated with my XBL account on the Xbox One yet, or do we still need a 360 for this simple task?

Thanks.

Soldato
shame but will move out away from the crowd of late year releases and give it some room.
I understand the holiday release schedule but i do think some games would do better with a more free window, Titanfall 2 being the ultimate example, a great game that got swallowed up by COD and BF.

Also makes me more likely to buy full price and not hold off for a discount.

Why do they always bunch up releases,

Back
Top Bottom