*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
THe free graphical update patch for rise of the tomb raider on xbox one x is a nice touch

Look forward to replaying that with the new textures and 4k :)

Associate
Been playing it on PC, its brilliant.

One of the advantages of the console version, is everyone is on a level playing field in terms of performance.

So none of this potato system vs 8pack system advantage :)

Wonder if they will add aim assist, it's hard enough aiming with mouse and keyboard.

I was more concerned with everyone running low on pc. The game looks like PS2 game on low but seems loads do it to reduce bushes and grass/detail. One thing that put me off playing it on pc. Some games still look great on low like bf1 but this game looks really bad on low. Don't think people should be punished for having higher details. That's why I'll pick up on console. If the bush it there.... Its there.

Caporegime
Dayum. Sounds good. As they say in the article, it's nice to see some consistency in the games they've looked at instead of the shambles you get with PS4 Pro. If they keep to the "rule" of 900p/1080p on Xbone then it should be automatic native 4K on X1X.

Soldato
nearly picked up Oxenfree the other week when it was cheap, hope its good.

Play together with Xbox Live Gold. September's 2017 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Forza Motorsport 5: Game of the Year Edition and Oxenfree. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), September kicks off with Hydro Thunder Hurricane, followed by Battlefield 3. September's lineup provides over $94 dollars in value and up to 3600 in gamerscore.

Soldato
We've got a couple of X1X threads running we should probably combine.

In the mean time

There was an interesting report that X1X has already outsold in the first weekend PS4 Pro entire year sales for 2017 on Amazon US. If true it would certainly shine a different light on the minimal manufacturing run view.

Certainly good for both X1X and PS4 Pro with a larger 4K market likely to drive investment into getting the best out of top end console games rather than basic checkerboard slight of hand over standard versions.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/900459442403250177/photo/1

Of course Amazon is only one retailer but whatever the nuances it certainly suggests a promising start. To be fair there may just be more appetite of X1X with it being significantly any more powerful than PS4 Pro and X1 being lower powered than PS4 so there a much more noticeable performance upgrade.

I'm sure there are a lot of Xbox gamers who switched to PS4 last time who will be tempted to keep their PS4 for exclusives and buy an X1X to return to Xbox for best possible 4K experience and catch up with old friends who remained on Xbox Live.

All in all its good news for gaming whichever your platform as I expect even PC gamers will benefit from a common 4k platform with W10 across X1X and PC making that combined market tempting for Devs to lead on.

As I mentioned elsewhere I particularly hope we see more of the buy once and be licensed for X1X and PC approach from publishers.

Now we just need Sony to play nice for cross platform multilayer.

Soldato
PS4 Pro came out in 2016 - why aren't they comparing like for like sales figures - seems like a dodgy stat lol
It's just Amazon top selling items of 2017, nothing dodgy about it at all, although of course its only one retailer and in the US where Xbox has traditionally done better.

Some people suggested X1X scorpio edition only sold out because it was a small number made which of course could have been the case. If however it actually sold more in a week than PS4 Pro sold in all of 2017 combined, it suggests it was either a reasonable stock level after all and has sold well, or I suppose the other option is PS4 Pro sold relatively poorly in 2017. /shrug

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't personally read too much into a single retailer's customer-facing sales rankings, they're no different to the DVD and CD charts you see in supermarkets and don't necessarily represent the actual sales figures. Plus pre-orders don't count as units sold until the units are actually sold.

Back
Top Bottom