*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
the wife's just rung telling me there is a disc stuck in the xbox , she's done the reset 3 times ..no good ,

i said i would google it , saw a post about using a paperclip thinking its some workaround a kid has made , buy no! MS instructions on how to remove the disc with a paperclip!!! doesn't seem hi tech to me lol

Soldato
i said i would google it , saw a post about using a paperclip thinking its some workaround a kid has made , buy no! MS instructions on how to remove the disc with a paperclip!!! doesn't seem hi tech to me lol
If you haven't had an optical disk drive die and eat your disc before, then you're about to be super relieved that some genius added that paperclip method of ejection.

Soldato
So genuine question guys, this isn't meant to troll or annoy. Is having an Xbox One a bit redundant if you have a PC?
i just sold my OG Xbox One and the plan was to replace it with an Xbox One S or X. I have started to rethink this a bit with the other platforms I have (PC, laptop and PS4 Pro).

So I had a look to see if there were any games I am interested in that I can't play natively on the platforms I have. The only ones that came go mind were Sunset Overdrive, Red Dead Redemption (backwards compatibility) and Forza 6. I can deal with not playing the other two (or RDR on PS Now) and Forza 7 is coming out soon. Genuinely thinking about getting a Switch instead so I have full coverage of all the exclusive games.
Furthermore, the games that would take advantage of the One X I could just play on my PC (i7 5820k / 1070).

Thoughts? Again, I'm not here to trigger anyone, but wanted to ask fellow Xbox gamers that would likely also have a PC the reasons they have both.
Leaning to not replacing the Xbox, even though it was the first console I got this generation (and last gen) and always preferred Xbox Live.

Caporegime
I think there's two factors

i) How capable your PC is and
ii) Where your friends play

e.g. My nephew has a 1060 PC which is barely on because none of his friends have a PC. So he plays mostly on Xbox so he can play with them. He uses his PC for his virtual reality stuff only these days. None of my family apart from me has a PlayStation (which I would recommend to complement PC) so I'm always playing on my own whereas the rest of them are all on Xbox together.

Soldato
I think there's two factors

i) How capable your PC is and
ii) Where your friends play

e.g. My nephew has a 1060 PC which is barely on because none of his friends have a PC. So he plays mostly on Xbox so he can play with them. He uses his PC for his virtual reality stuff only these days. None of my family apart from me has a PlayStation (which I would recommend to complement PC) so I'm always playing on my own whereas the rest of them are all on Xbox together.

Yeh fair points.

i) Fairly capable as specced in my post above so no issues there. Should compete with the One X. Also have laptop that is decent.
ii) My two closest gamer mates play on xbox. I hadn't been online with them for a while though before selling my One, and one of them is now getting a PS4.
The main reason to get an Xbox would be to play Destiny 2 and Anthem with these two mates, but I can play these games on PC if we don't decide to play together.

Associate
hello guys, does the buying from america trick still work? as in buy $50 voucher on your american account and buying from the american store?

yes, they also added extra features on website

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/addresses#/

now see address book for all address stored on account :D

i use the following address:
1585 East 13th Avenue
Eugene
Oregon 97403
United States

Your own address here
Your city here
Singapore
Singapore

Soldato
Sound, cheers. £64 for digital deluxe edition (10% cash back through quidco on CD keys)

I am right in thinking my son will also get the full digital deluxe package aswell? Mainly the 2 expansions? Looking forward to trying it, my xbox hasn't been turned on for a year.

Associate
Sound, cheers. £64 for digital deluxe edition (10% cash back through quidco on CD keys)

I am right in thinking my son will also get the full digital deluxe package aswell? Mainly the 2 expansions? Looking forward to trying it, my xbox hasn't been turned on for a year.

Talking about destiny 2? you can share digital games between two consoles.

Soldato
Yeah, i mean does the content still go between both consoles? So we will both get the full digital deluxe packages.

Too late now anyway as i have already bought it but i am sure i did the same with fifa17 and only my console benifitted from the deluxe package and my sons console just got the full game.

Soldato
I think microsoft have done a nintendo.

Supplied limited quantities of pre orders deliberately so they can show the world pre orders selling out of high demand.

Someone checked the xbox one x, on the amazon us charts and it was at #66 for top selling pre orders, vs #23 for the nintendo mini consoles.

Back
Top Bottom