*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
I've got an xbox one x with a load of games on, my little boy is nearly 6 and is enjoying the various lego games on game pass and the pixar game, plus a couple of others. I generally play with him on it for an hour maybe 3 times a week.

Is there a way I can create a login just for him so the games that are appropriate for him appear, or separate them out in the dashboard. My missus has no interest in gaming but if I'm out and he asks to go on xbox for an hour she hasn't a clue what is suitable and which games are mine, she's knows the lego games are obviously kid friendly, but I was just wondering if there was a 'proper' way to ring-fence the stuff he can't play?

Man of Honour
Aha thank you, I’ll pick up a couple of live subs to get me close to 36mths.

If you turn off auto renew before adding 12 months you get an offer to add 13 months if you enable it. I did this twice with 2x 12 month subs to go from 10 month to exactly 36 months.

Soldato
So can someone just clarify..... atm I just have Xbox live gold until August 2020 . I don’t have game pass.

If I get the ultimate , will it just cost me £1 until my membership runs out ? Or do I still have to pay ultimate after that first £1 payment ?

Caporegime
So can someone just clarify..... atm I just have Xbox live gold until August 2020 . I don’t have game pass.

If I get the ultimate , will it just cost me £1 until my membership runs out ? Or do I still have to pay ultimate after that first £1 payment ?

It should change the Gold to Ultimate and add an extra month on top. So for £1 only, you won't be rebilled until September 2020.

Soldato
@TALON1973 if you turn off recurring billing then it should offer you a bonus month for turning it back on too. So October 2020. For £1. Mad, isn't it :D

Also, if you haven't had a Game Pass subscription before you could likely get a trial (or buy a cheap 14 day trial code off eBay) to extend the offer for another 14-30 days.

Just be aware that the offer is due to finish soon. I think tomorrow if I remember correctly.

Soldato
Can any Xbox One X owners confirm if their console is reasonably noisy when in the "instant on" mode? i.e. console is powered down but still enabled to receive game updates and such in the background and turn on quicker.

Mine sounds a bit like this all the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88IAj7kKAM

I can hear it going even when sat across the room. My PS4 PRO is silent under the same parameters. I don't mind if it's a bit noisy when I'm using it.

Received the One X on the 1st of July via Ebay, so if it's faulty I'll ping it back whilst it's still new.

For what it's worth it seems to be a launch day version because the free codes that came with it appear to be expired before it even reached me :p

Soldato
Can any Xbox One X owners confirm if their console is reasonably noisy when in the "instant on" mode? i.e. console is powered down but still enabled to receive game updates and such in the background and turn on quicker.

Mine sounds a bit like this all the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88IAj7kKAM

I can hear it going even when sat across the room. My PS4 PRO is silent under the same parameters. I don't mind if it's a bit noisy when I'm using it.

Received the One X on the 1st of July via Ebay, so if it's faulty I'll ping it back whilst it's still new.

For what it's worth it seems to be a launch day version because the free codes that came with it appear to be expired before it even reached me :p

That sounds totally shot tbh, get it exchanged or refunded. I've got mine on instant on and tbh the USB hard drive that I have connected makes the most noise and even then its because its making vibration off a metal filing cabinet

Soldato
That sounds totally shot tbh, get it exchanged or refunded. I've got mine on instant on and tbh the USB hard drive that I have connected makes the most noise and even then its because its making vibration off a metal filing cabinet

So it stopped making the noise when powered down, but it still sounds the same when idle at the dashboard. I can only assume that the xbox was busy doing something in the background.

So before I send it back, can you guys confirm how audible your xbox one x's are from the sofa without much else going on? I can definitely hear the chirpy/clicking fan from across the room, it's not excessively noisy, but it is pervasive.

The PS4 PRO can be noisy too, but it's not clicky/chirpy, just the sound of the fan running/ramping up under load.

Soldato
So it stopped making the noise when powered down, but it still sounds the same when idle at the dashboard. I can only assume that the xbox was busy doing something in the background.

So before I send it back, can you guys confirm how audible your xbox one x's are from the sofa without much else going on? I can definitely hear the chirpy/clicking fan from across the room, it's not excessively noisy, but it is pervasive.

The PS4 PRO can be noisy too, but it's not clicky/chirpy, just the sound of the fan running/ramping up under load.

My XB1X is pretty much inaudible, a very low hum perhaps but yours sounds very sad. By comparison my PS4 Pro is very audible when the fan ramps up (although still as a fan hum not clicking).

Associate

I sit almost 4m away from my XB1X and I pretty much can't hear a thing from it, it's not deathly silent, but it doesn't bother me. Noise level increases a little when a disc is in it, but I have only 2 games on disc (over 30 on the HDD).

My PS4 Pro can get silly in comparison, usually once every 3 or 4 months I completely strip down the Pro and clean it out, makes a huge difference, for a little while.

Associate
I’ve been playing COD on an Xbox but I never noticed it was signed in to the shared gamer tag. If I signed out in game and back in to my account would the saved game move if I carried on playing don’t really want to start it all again.
Or is there a way to move tue saved game to my gamer tag?
Thanks

Soldato
Did you notice the graphics jump? I never really from my S

It will be getting delivered in a couple of days and I don't have an xbox to reference it from.

To be honest my pc is always going to look and play better but we have a young baby and I don't get much chance to hide out in a room on my pc. Being back with a console might be a more casual affair.

Back
Top Bottom