*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Yeah my laptop wins hands down for looks and performance, but your right Xbox is quick and easy to put on and play for a bit then switch it off.

I never really noticed much difference going from an S to an X but I do notice when I put my laptop on.

Soldato
For anyone interested, I picked up a couple of those Xbox One X's from the warehouse deals recently. The one I purchased from new is definitely noisier than the ones I got from the warehouse.

They all seem to have the same Manufacture date (Oct 2017 I think). Must just be luck of the draw with how noisy they are. My original one sounded like the fan was hitting something as it span around on each revolution.

Associate
Maybe have to get some new games :p only game I have/play is dirt 2.0
Will be getting f1 2019 soon once it drops. Hate having to buy games for pc then again on Xbox.
Also ghost recon breakpoint when it comes out and modern warfare. That should keep my busy for a while.

Caporegime
Did you notice the graphics jump? I never really from my S

Very noticeable on 4K enhanced games.

For anyone interested, I picked up a couple of those Xbox One X's from the warehouse deals recently. The one I purchased from new is definitely noisier than the ones I got from the warehouse.

They all seem to have the same Manufacture date (Oct 2017 I think). Must just be luck of the draw with how noisy they are. My original one sounded like the fan was hitting something as it span around on each revolution.

Mine was very loud, to the point of me sending it back to MS. They sent it back and it’s marginally better but still loud especially in certain games (Wolfenstein is a bad one)

Man of Honour
Bought a game pass without an Xbox - lul.

Any suggestions / advice re: buying one? Worth getting the X over the S? I’ve done some research obvs but I trust the Ocuk faithful. I do have a 4K tv so the XBX is appealing on the spec sheet, which seems to be £350 new. I’m a bit cautious about buying refurbished... seems a lottery!

Soldato

Any suggestions / advice re: buying one? Worth getting the X over the S? I’ve done some research obvs but I trust the Ocuk faithful. I do have a 4K tv so the XBX is appealing on the spec sheet, which seems to be £350 new. I’m a bit cautious about buying refurbished... seems a lottery!

If you have a 4k TV then there is no reason not to buy the X. Its a fair but more powerful than the S.

Man of Honour
If you have a 4k TV then there is no reason not to buy the X. Its a fair but more powerful than the S.

It’s about £150 more than the s though.

I already have a PS4 and a switch and, honestly, I can’t say I’ve gained enjoyment from ‘impressive graphics’ for.... years. I’m really just buying for the game pass, as that’s pretty darn good.

I’m clearly quite indecisive. Spanks money on the game pass trick then wonders wtf he is doing :p

Edit: it’s a bit of a coin toss for me at the moment between a £350 x and a cheap refurbed s.

Caporegime
I'm kind of in the same boat - on one hand I say there's only 16 months to go before the next console is out so an S would be more cost effective but then again I like purdy 4K graphics (especially for all the older titles like Viva Pinata, Splinter Cell) so I want an X.

Man of Honour
I'm kind of in the same boat - on one hand I say there's only 16 months to go before the next console is out so an S would be more cost effective but then again I like purdy 4K graphics (especially for all the older titles like Viva Pinata, Splinter Cell) so I want an X.
And if you’re particularly patient... and I’m not... you could probably save at least £100 by waiting until Black Friday or whatever.

I’ll inevitably cave and overpay for the X, wasting all the savings I made on the game pass \o/

Associate
I’m sure there will be a decent resale value in the X when the next one comes out, that’s what I thought when deciding.

The S has dropped in price so much even brand new.

Man of Honour

If you have a PC then the Game Pass works on that too.

Man of Honour
If you have a PC then the Game Pass works on that too.
Yeah saw that, very good indeed :)

So the Xbox just arrived and I was just about to open it and I noticed the factory seals had been cut and ‘resealed’. A quick google implies that this is common where games are bundled in with existing stock, but I did not buy any games, so my immediate reaction is to think I’m being ****ed with. It was bought as new, fulfilled by prime but via a third party seller (for £350).

Thoughts? Not sure I’m going to get comfortable.... :/

iiEbnMv.jpg

Soldato
No harm in trying it out as it's not factory sealed anyway.

You can always flag it with Amazon because they can't sell a return as new stock, at best it should be used with like new condition.

If it works and you're happy with it, you might be able to get back a partial refund. If it's duff then you can just send it back for a full refund.

Man of Honour
No harm in trying it out as it's not factory sealed anyway.

You can always flag it with Amazon because they can't sell a return as new stock, at best it should be used with like new condition.

If it works and you're happy with it, you might be able to get back a partial refund. If it's duff then you can just send it back for a full refund.
Cheers mate. Opening it up it looked immaculate and spotless. Updating now so fingers crossed! :)

Soldato
Cheers mate. Opening it up it looked immaculate and spotless. Updating now so fingers crossed! :)

Good stuff, I opened up both of my xbox one x's today (got 2 warehouse ones, I am sending one back).

Not too bad to open, a bit of a maze but once you know how it all goes together it makes sense. I would not open a new one though as it can void the warranty.

Did a quick SMART check on both drives. The "used - like new" one which had large scratches all over it, and was missing the game it was meant to come with, had been powered on for 1k hours.

The "used - very good" one, which was actually in better condition than the other one, had 800 hours powered on time.

I am planning to keep the "used - very good" one, so I swapped the thermal paste on it to use some Grizzly stuff I had lying about, then I swapped the PSU/FAN from the other one as well as the fan did seem a bit quieter on the other console.

So far so good, all went back together, except for one of the long screws didn't quite fit back in for some reason, so I left it out.

Back
Top Bottom