*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
So my Xbox one s (all digital) just arrived and I've set it up and tbh my first impressions of it are awful.

The download speed is shocking bad, I've a 150Mbps down / 30Mbps up with a Open NAT and a ping of 16 (According to the network test on Xbox). Yet anything I downloaded the speed wildly fluctuates between 10Mbps and 80Mbps, it will occasionally download at full speed for a about a minute or two, then goes back to been all over the place again making downloads takes way, way longer than they should.. (It's not my connection as both my PC and PS4 download at full speed.)

There's also the complete inability to be able to play any game pass games offline. I've followed the instructions of setting the console as my "Home Console" yet as soon as I turn the internet off, I lose the ability to play any game. If I try to start them I receive "error 0x803f900a" and for some stupid reason the console also doesn't seem to have the ability to remember the correct time. Every single time I restart or turn off the console, the next time I turn it back on its reset the date back to October 1st 2014.

The reason I want to use it offline is for when my nephew comes around, I can just let him play it without having to constantly watch him or worry that he's downloading games he shouldn't be playing.

Yes, for some reasons I didn't even think about parental controls, I'll set them up. Cheers.

Still don't like the fact though that if I lose internet access (happened a few times this year) I won't be able to play any games. I thought that MS dropped all the constant online restrictions.

might depend on the game. from what i understand if it's your home console then yes it doesn't require interenet to play, but maybe some games are designed that it's required. worth chcking

Soldato
Is how I have it with my brother. He's in Canada and I've set that as my home console. He auto logins as himself but he gers free xbox gold and my game pass and any game I buy. If he buys a game he buys it through my account so we both have it. Works well

So I've set it up but he advises he can only play games that have been downloaded on the home Xbox account ( on game pass ) and he can't download any games on his account from the game pass section. Is this how it works? He can only play games that I have downloaded on my main account on my Xbox?

EDIT: He gets Subscribe to Game Pass message

Last edited:
Associate
So I've set it up but he advises he can only play games that have been downloaded on the home Xbox account ( on game pass ) and he can't download any games on his account from the game pass section. Is this how it works? He can only play games that I have downloaded on my main account on my Xbox?

EDIT: He gets Subscribe to Game Pass message

yes that correct he has to do it different to how you do it , its very strange lol

any games you download will show on his and he can play but if he wants to play a game in gamepass by himself then yes it will show that he has to join (i have this problem myself) . the way around it is he has to see what game is free and which he wants in the gamepass and then look for it in the actual store (make sure its the same version) and the tab will say INSTALL instead of join . he can then just install it and play as normal.he will know if he has picked the wrong version of the game as it will say BUY :)

Soldato
yes that correct he has to do it different to how you do it , its very strange lol

any games you download will show on his and he can play but if he wants to play a game in gamepass by himself then yes it will show that he has to join (i have this problem myself) . the way around it is he has to see what game is free and which he wants in the gamepass and then look for it in the actual store (make sure its the same version) and the tab will say INSTALL instead of join . he can then just install it and play as normal.he will know if he has picked the wrong version of the game as it will say BUY :)

Cheers for that. What terrible system. How was that not picked up during the testing phase?

Man of Honour
I can get an XBox One X with Star Wars for £225. I said I'd hold out until the next generation but I'm really tempted to upgrade my launch console and get an xCloud compatible pad in the process.

Associate
Just checked the Microsoft FAQ,

Games you install using Xbox Game Pass remain playable once they’ve left the Game Pass catalog only when you buy them—and you get a hefty discount when you buy games as an Xbox Game Pass subscriber.

When you buy games at a discount, those games are yours to keep. Similarly, any add-ons you buy are yours to keep, whether you buy the base game or not.

Back
Top Bottom