*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I got the update yesterday, no idea what it was supposed to do but it seems to have slowed everything down.

Also certain words in the UI consist of wierd characters, also in the party invites.

I don't know why anyone would chance the preview program on the Xbox one. I have seen nothing but complaints on this and other forums about preview updates.

This is Microsoft we are talking about. It takes them a while to get things right.

It's not worth the risk of bricking your Xbox to get features a few weeks before everyone else.

I don't know why anyone would chance the preview program on the Xbox one. I have seen nothing but complaints on this and other forums about preview updates.

This is Microsoft we are talking about. It takes them a while to get things right.

It's not worth the risk of bricking your Xbox to get features a few weeks before everyone else.

Id imagine there is very little chance of that. the updates they are releasing are well tested before hand they are just looking to weed out any bugs before a general release.

For those interested, can turn xbox into a great media streamer plugging a Google chromecast into it (and allows me to play through my amp)

Hopefully one day they make it possible on the console itself but I imagine they won't to push things like xbox music.

Last edited:

Never had any issues with early update previews, either on the 360 or the few we have had with XO.

Glad you said that because mine is the same, thought something was up with my Xbox.

Yeah it's rather annoying and really random, an example of the ui :

xbone.jpg

I occasionally get those funny characters too. But the most annoying issue is when I swap discs I always get the error saying its dirty or can't be read. Have to completely shut down the xbox for it to work and read the disc :(

For those interested, can turn xbox into a great media streamer plugging a Google chromecast into it (and allows me to play through my amp)

Hopefully one day they make it possible on the console itself but I imagine they won't to push things like xbox music.

How does this work exactly? You put the Chromecast into the Xbox One, and then what? Can you give me some examples of what kind of things you can do with this?

Thanks

How does this work exactly? You put the Chromecast into the Xbox One, and then what? Can you give me some examples of what kind of things you can do with this?

Thanks

The Chromecast is just loaded with apps like Plex, the fact that it's plugged into an XO is pretty irrelevant unless you plan on snapping the pass through screen onto something else like a game, which I think is a bit pointless anyway given the size of the snap panel.

I occasionally get those funny characters too. But the most annoying issue is when I swap discs I always get the error saying its dirty or can't be read. Have to completely shut down the xbox for it to work and read the disc :(

Had that as well today, I am guessing it's something to do with the newest update and not my drive on the way out?

Back
Top Bottom