*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I finally decided to plug my sky cable into the xbox to see how well the TV/OneGuide works and tbh I'm pretty disappointed. The guide is ok and I can change channels with my voice/controller but the picture quality is quite poor and blurry/fuzzy, it's also seems to judder a lot.

So damn annoyed I'm not in the beta update program, this is a feature I've been waiting for.

IQ with sky hd seems fine (despite some interlace flickering on sports) to me but I'm using a powered splitter so I can view tv normally without the xbox having to be on too. Make sure the xbox input on your tv is setup the same as sky's original input. Have you enabled 50hz for tv in the xbox's settings?

PvZ Garden Warfare (disc) is £24.99 and Titanfall (digital code) is £30.99 on Shop|Play if anyone's looking for them.

Is PvZ any good? Looks interesting so mulling buying it at that price.

So damn annoyed I'm not in the beta update program, this is a feature I've been waiting for.

IQ with sky hd seems fine (despite some interlace flickering on sports) to me but I'm using a powered splitter so I can view tv normally without the xbox having to be on too. Make sure the xbox input on your tv is setup the same as sky's original input. Have you enabled 50hz for tv in the xbox's settings?

What splitter did you use? Am interested in doing the same.

I finally decided to plug my sky cable into the xbox to see how well the TV/OneGuide works and tbh I'm pretty disappointed. The guide is ok and I can change channels with my voice/controller but the picture quality is quite poor and blurry/fuzzy, it's also seems to judder a lot.

Hi have you enabled the 50hz tv mode ?

Very strange all i can say is that since they introduced the 50hz tv mode picture quality has been good here so not sure whats going on there:p

All the problems you mentioned are similar to what i experienced when tv could only be output @ 60hz from the xbox.

Try setting the sky box to 720p. That will help deal with the flicker issue with the xbox converting 1080i into 1080p. The difference between 1080i and 720p with sky seems negligible.

the one guide for sky is next to useless apart from favourite channels, without any categories its thousands of channels including radio and no easy way to navigate.

It works fine for me but its a starting point not what it needs to be.

Still sitting on the fence about buying a One. The only game we would really play is Dead Rising 3. That's not enough to justify the cost of a console tbh. When Halo / Gears of War come along, that may the thing that proves to tempting :p

Hoping that the release of those games coincide with a slimmer console. I have no room in our setup to put the fat one :p

Still sitting on the fence about buying a One. The only game we would really play is Dead Rising 3. That's not enough to justify the cost of a console tbh. When Halo / Gears of War come along, that may the thing that proves to tempting :p

Hoping that the release of those games coincide with a slimmer console. I have no room in our setup to put the fat one :p

You'd think you'd be buying a game for something original, not yet another sequel :P

I recently hooked up my Virgin Tivo to the Xbox One again with 50hz mode enabled but everything looks like it's going too fast, it looks too smooth like the soap opera effect you see where everything moves at a weird pace, has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations? it's really weird and distracting :(

Back
Top Bottom