• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

I got the Acer 32, 4K Gsync.

Witcher 3 is a completely different experience than what I had at 1440p.
I can maintain 55fps+ with the standard air OC that everyone is doing.

It can be loud but just use some headphones :p
Q8pN1Nn.jpg

Are you saying you get dips into the mid 40's with SLI? These mods must be really demanding. I run a single titan with no mods maxed and i get 60fps apart from in the countryside where grass at ultra dips it into the 50-60 range and if i drive onto a grassy meadow it drops to 45fps at worst in the whole game.
I can't play the game without mods tbh and yeah it wouldn't surprise me if it's caused by a mod. Seems to only dip into the 40s when I'm driving very fast and even then it is so brief you hardly notice it. Immediately jumps back to solid 60 when I stop. It stays a rock solid 60 if I'm just walking through a meadow or any countryside areas I would have expected to get dips.

I'm using the Crystal Reality mod (which uses reshade and enb).

Last edited:
I can't play the game without mods tbh and yeah it wouldn't surprise me if it's caused by a mod. Seems to only dip into the 40s when I'm driving very fast and even then it is so brief you hardly notice it. Immediately jumps back to solid 60 when I stop. It stays a rock solid 60 if I'm just walking through a meadow or any countryside areas I would have expected to get dips.

I'm using the Crystal Reality mod.

What mods would your recommend please? Ive been saving this game till I got my titan :)

Had a change of heart today and I'm cancelling my EK block + backplate.

Instead I've ordered the AQ block black edition in nickel + the active backplate to go with it!

Will make a nice change from EK.

The AQ is more expensive but worth I think especially with the active backplate. Its way more sexy and will perform much better than EK's offering.

With hairworks off but otherwise maxed you get 60fps mostly with dips into 53 at worst on a heavily shadowed forest part on witcher 3. Getting 50-60fps is pretty easy on one titan x mostly. An odd tweak on a setting that looks no different to the setting below can help on some games like the division. Do you really need to run max quality shadows and lose up to 20 fps ?

Witcher 3

Pascal Titan x2 stock

HB SLI bridge

2160p maxed including hair

73fps average and no big dips.

A2nYX4e.jpg

Last edited:
What mods would your recommend please? Ive been saving this game till I got my titan :)
Oh man I envy you :D

Here are the mods I use and wouldn't play without;

CyrstalReality Project (1.1), with it's 'Clean' reshade preset, for visuals
https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/crystalreality-project

Ripplers Realism/bakamania's sound mod - realistic gunplay, effects and sounds
https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/ripplers-realism

NaturalMotion Euphoria mod - Adds MP3 and RDR style euphoria physics to the game
https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalmotion-euphoria-oiv-kaai210-bravercoolio-jedijosh920

Realism Dispatch Enhanced 2.2.1
https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/realism-dispatch-enhanced

Better Chases/Arrest Warrant
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/better-chases-arrest-warrant

^ thanks

Been saving quite a few games.

Got GTA 5 and witcher 3 to start, most of doom to finish plus Dragons Age.

Lots of hours of gaming there :)

Last edited:
Had a change of heart today and I'm cancelling my EK block + backplate.

Instead I've ordered the AQ block black edition in nickel + the active backplate to go with it!

Will make a nice change from EK.

The AQ is more expensive but worth I think especially with the active backplate. Its way more sexy and will perform much better than EK's offering.

Thought AQ were cheaper like for like?

Active backplate more money though.

Neither did I, but I received dispatch notification yesterday and they arrived this morning at a company that accepts packages for me in Germany - I just have to collect them. Will go sometime next week as I'm not in a rush... waiting on a lot of other stuff so can't do anything with them til the end of the week at the earliest... possibly even the week starting 22nd :(

Damn was hoping you had them as I need to know what thickness thermal pads come with them so I can buy better stuff.

Seen a guy replace the 3.5W/mk stuff you get with EK blocks with a mixture of 17W and 11W/mk

He's reported temp improvement overall of 10-12C over the EK stuff. He said he gain 6 to 7C from doing the block and the rest from replacing the pads on the backplate). I assume he means vrm temps and not core. Although memory temps will be down as well.

Now whether 10-12C lower vrm temps is worth anything to overclocking/stability I will let you know ;)

As people have said though, the cooler your card overall, the less heat that is goung into your gpu area and increases your stability overall.

Last edited:
Tried a HB bridge? ;)

Just tested it out with 2x flex bridges... so very similar to HB bridge performance.

Everything on Very High / Ultra and Nvidia PCSS shadows enabled.

A single GPU averages 70 FPS - but I see the odd drop to 30-35FPS, especially with time of day changes.

In SLI... it averages 58-62 FPS but there are no drops at all below 58FPS.

Odd behaviour.

Damn was hoping you had them as I need to know what thickness thermal pads come with them so I can buy better stuff.

Seen a guy replace the 3.5W/mk stuff you get with EK blocks with a misture of 17 and 11W/mk

He's report temp improvement overall of 10-12C over the EK stuff. I assume he means vrm temps and not core.

Now whether 10-12C lower vrm temps is worth anything to overclocking/stability I will let you know ;)

Oooh... nice!

I might have to order some too :)

I'll probably go and get the blocks on Monday or Tuesday then so I can order in time for build.

Could you possibly trust message me where to get the improved thermal pads from please?

Just tested it out with 2x flex bridges... so very similar to HB bridge performance.

A single GPU averages 70 FPS - but I see the odd drop to 30-35FPS, especially with time of day changes.

Odd behaviour.

Scratch that... VSync had turned itself back on when I wasn't looking... seems to keep re-enabling itself without my permission in NV control panel.

With Vsync off I am getting 130-160FPS with dips to 90-100FPS :D

No idea how it was getting 62-70FPS with VSync enabled.

Odd behaviour.

its not in some games though. some games hb bridge is much better than two flexi bridges

Back
Top Bottom