• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Thank you very much Kaapstad!

Side note - I didn't know Arkham Origins supported SLI, seems it does.

Would you mind running the same test, (single Titan XP) with and without a dedicated Physx card for Wither 3 and Arkham Knight at 4K.

Thank you kindly!!!

Here is Witcher 3, I don't think it uses physics though.

2160p maxed

Single stock Pascal Titan + Dedicated Physics card.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
6906, 162016, 35, 50, 42.625

Single stock Pascal Titan

6365, 150125, 35, 52, 42.398

Here is Witcher 3, I don't think it uses physics though.

2160p maxed

Single stock Pascal Titan + Dedicated Physics card.

6906, 162016, 35, 50, 42.625

Single stock Pascal Titan

6365, 150125, 35, 52, 42.398

Thank you very much indeed.
BTW what CPU and GPU frequencies were you using for that run?

So it seems that if you appoint a dedicated secondary card for Physx in the Nvidia control panel, other Gamesworks effects / features won't use it, only Physx will???

Hmmm....

Thank you very much Kaapstad!

Side note - I didn't know Arkham Origins supported SLI, seems it does.

Would you mind running the same test, (single Titan XP) with and without a dedicated Physx card for Wither 3 and Arkham Knight at 4K.

Thank you kindly!!!

Arkham Knight at 4K

Settings
EjNzQTp.jpg

Single Pascal Titan stock
6950X @4.0
tTOLmO9.jpg

Single Pascal Titan stock + Dedicated Physics card (Pascal Titan).
6950X @4.0
nMk5nKM.jpg

Something wrong there esp with the division. Every other sli I've seen on that game has shown up to a 50% increase not decrease. Same with the witcher 3 .

Manage to figure it out. PCIE lanes at 2.0 instead of 3.0 in the bios.

Although still not great scaling. Witcher 3 86fps (SLI) Single card it is at 79fps. 60/70 on GPU usage though :(

Off to try a couple more games to be sure. Can always cancel my TX if its near enough fixed.

Last edited:
Manage to figure it out. PCIE lanes at 2.0 instead of 3.0 in the bios.

Although still not great scaling. Witcher 3 86fps (SLI) Single card it is at 79fps. 60/70 on GPU usage though :(

Off to try a couple more games to be sure. Can always cancel my TX if its near enough fixed.

Noticed in this Pascal Titan SLI review that they had poor performance with 1080 SLI in Witcher 3.

Pascal Titan SLI review @Hardware Luxx.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/40004-kompromisslose-leistung-nvidia-titan-x-im-sli-test.html

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/40004-kompromisslose-leistung-nvidia-titan-x-im-sli-test.html?start=10

Don't forget the Pascal Titan uses 369.05 drivers.

Last edited:
Noticed in this Pascal Titan SLI review that they had poor performance with 1080 SLI in Witcher 3.

Pascal Titan SLI review @Hardware Luxx.

Don't forget the Pascal Titan uses 369.05 drivers.

All sorted now and TXP cancelled unfortunately. Really big help from my good friend killswitch (John) here for spotting what I didn't think would make much difference.

Basically my 1080's firstly, cards were running PCIE gen 2.0. Swapped to PCIE 3.0 on both slots and saw a pretty big improvement. Witcher 3 from 45 (SLI) to 86. Bearing in mind single card was 75ish fps(high settings minus hair works) Still not great.

Didn't think this would do much but it did anyhow. Noticed cards were running 16x/8x. Wifi card was causing the drop to 8x in 2nd slot. Dropped that down to 3rd slot(black lane). Cards running 16x/16x now.

Seeing a big improvement in games. Witcher 3 fully maxed minus aa including hair works 55fps. SLI enabled running a shade under 100fps 3440x1440. All games running like this now!

Really happy now and games running beautifully. Had to disable aa as was giving me micro stutter. Suggested to turn off by John and smooth as butter.

Just to put this in case anyone else if having such issues with 1080's, TXP or other cards. If required to move post, please do so.

Last edited:
All sorted now and TXP cancelled unfortunately. Really big help from my good friend killswitch (John) here for spotting what I didn't think would make much difference.

Basically my 1080's firstly, cards were running PCIE gen 2.0. Swapped to PCIE 3.0 on both slots and saw a pretty big improvement. Witcher 3 from 45 (SLI) to 86. Bearing in mind single card was 75ish fps(high settings minus hair works) Still not great.

Didn't think this would do much but it did anyhow. Noticed cards were running 16x/8x. Wifi card was causing the drop to 8x in 2nd slot. Dropped that down to 3rd slot(black lane). Cards running 16x/16x now.

Seeing a big improvement in games. Witcher 3 fully maxed minus aa including hair works 55fps. SLI enabled running a shade under 100fps 3440x1440. All games running like this now!

Really happy now and games running beautifully. Had to disable aa as was giving me micro stutter. Suggested to turn off by John and smooth as butter.

Just to put this in case anyone else if having such issues with 1080's, TXP or other cards. If required to move post, please do so.

Good show. Nothing worse than spending £1200 and not getting the performance you should but thinking its normal.

Get yourself a decent sli bridge and your good to go

Back
Top Bottom