• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Neither did I, but I received dispatch notification yesterday and they arrived this morning at a company that accepts packages for me in Germany - I just have to collect them. Will go sometime next week as I'm not in a rush... waiting on a lot of other stuff so can't do anything with them til the end of the week at the earliest... possibly even the week starting 22nd :(

I had a notification to say they were in stock yesterday. Don't think mine has shipped yet, though.

How's the experience compared to 4 Titan X's Kaap?

4 Maxwell Titans on Witcher 3 is better as it scales well and the fps are higher.

Having said that 4 way SLI is great when it works but not a lot of fun if it is badly done.

I think games like GTA V and Watchdogs would also go better on the Maxwells 4 up.

The Tomb Raider games are better with 2 way Pascal even though they support 4 way Maxwell SLI.

It is like everything else to do with GPUs, there is no one solution that works for everything.

Best compromise for overall performance imho would be 2 way Pascal Titan SLI.

Witcher 3

Pascal Titan x2 stock

HB SLI bridge

2160p maxed including hair

73fps average and no big dips.

A2nYX4e.jpg

Nice! I'm happy how one card does at 4k, much better than the 1080. Not a fan of SLI as it is good when it works and annoying when it scales badly, judders or doesn't work. I've had SLI titan blacks, SLI titan x maxwell and SLI 980 ti but thankfully i don't need it now. G-sync picks up the slack for now as the dips are still only mid 40's on hardcore areas of most games which is fine enough.

Thought AQ were cheaper like for like?

Active backplate more money though.

I guess the blocks more or less the same.

However the active backplate is quite a bit dearer.

It does look much nicer than the EK version and actually cools properly.

Hopefully it's worth it!

Not sure if I need to get any heat separate pads or not. From my understanding with the AC you actually put thermal paste on the memory chips direct rather than pads. I've got a large tube of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for the core and memory chips so should be sorted I reckon.

EDIT:

Just seen from a video that it comes with thermal pads for the vrm, so thats cool. Paste for everything else. Also comes with the 4mm nut driver which is bonus.

Last edited:
On the subject of using a dedicated secondary GPU for the purposes of crunching for physx is there any proof out there for how this will work in modern games?

+1

I was thinking the same thing...

Can't seem to see any benchmarks out there though.
Would be nice to see how fps differ for a single Titan X Pascal with and without a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card (something like a GTX 980 or Ti) in the likes of Witcher 3, Arkham Knight etc.

+1

I was thinking the same thing...

Can't seem to see any benchmarks out there though.
Would be nice to see how fps differ for a single Titan X Pascal with and without a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card (something like a GTX 980 or Ti) in the likes of Witcher 3, Arkham Knight etc.

Settings
8gh0y7r.jpg

Single stock Pascal Titan
eap1gs8.jpg

Single stock Pascal Titan + dedicated Physics card (another Pascal Titan)
GLKFKYF.jpg

Please don't use the above as a guide for older cards as they can take a big performance hit when running Physics and Graphics on the same GPU.

Settings
8gh0y7r.jpg

Single stock Pascal Titan
eap1gs8.jpg

Single stock Pascal Titan + dedicated Physics card (another Pascal Titan)
GLKFKYF.jpg

Please don't use the above as a guide for older cards as they can take a big performance hit when running Physics and Graphics on the same GPU.

Thank you very much Kaapstad!

Side note - I didn't know Arkham Origins supported SLI, seems it does.

Would you mind running the same test, (single Titan XP) with and without a dedicated Physx card for Wither 3 and Arkham Knight at 4K.

Thank you kindly!!!

Great to see the kind of performance this card is putting out - looking forward to seeing a theoretical 1080ti, although I do envy you guys ;)

Looks like you will be adding me soon kaap :). Single TXP ordered and waterblock pre-ordered as well. I'll order a backplate at the end of the month and use the NV one for now.

Just fed up with SLI. Did a few tests to see how much of an improvement i was getting with two cards vs 1 and its pretty crap to say the least.

ROTTR-70.39
SLI-89.79 (27% increase)

Dying Light-81
SLI-85

The Division-60.5
SLI-49.4

Witcher 3-75
SLI-40

So yeah as you can imagine not happy with SLI at the minute and fed up forever waiting for SLI support in the first place, better drivers, messing around with profiles. Single TXP should be as fast as the current scaling im seeing with 1080 SLI at the minute.

Thought about TXP SLI but again decided not to because of the results above. Single TXP under water clocked to high heaven should be an absolute monster. Cant wait :).

Something wrong there esp with the division. Every other sli I've seen on that game has shown up to a 50% increase not decrease. Same with the witcher 3 .

Something wrong there esp with the division. Every other sli I've seen on that game has shown up to a 50% increase not decrease. Same with the witcher 3 .

Tried every driver since release with no change. Only time I could get them to run a max was at a stupid crazy resolution at about 30fps.

Both cards are maxing at about 50-60% utilisation on TW3 but still worse performance than a single card.

My 980Ti's were performing better to be honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom